AKQA
www.akqa.com San Francisco, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Going downhill fast

Strategist (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at AKQA full-time for more than a year

ProsWas a great culture with great people. Fun projects and good alignment with other teams. Incredible visionaries who did some great incredible work.

ConsCheap company. Finance department is intolerable to get things improved. No vision beyond some great project based work. Very siloed, creative teams dispersed through the building but yet media and search teams reside in the basement where they have been for years. Now that there is a WPP acquisition, key leadership employees have been leaving. What was once a shining star really seems to be losing its luster, and fast.

Advice to Senior ManagementStabilize the ship, or you are going to lose 50% of your employees in the next year.

Award-winning creative in a young, driven environment

SEM & SEO (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at AKQA as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: there are always new projects in the pipeline management provides flexibility… Cons: I worked in Search, which is in LL2, the basement--no… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Work hard, play hard, negotiate harder.

Social Media Editor (Current Employee)
City of London, England (UK)

I have been working at AKQA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The people, the work, the opportunities, the clients. Cons: The expectation and acceptance that working over 10 hours a day… Advice to Senior Management: Spend less time congratulating yourselves and more time setting up… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on AKQA.

Worked for AKQA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AKQA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AKQA CEO Ajaz Ahmed. All reviews posted anonymously by AKQA employees.