There are newer employer reviews for ARAMARK

ROUTE SALES REPRESENTATIVE

Former Employee - Route Delivery Driver in Brentwood, NY (US)
Former Employee - Route Delivery Driver in Brentwood, NY (US)

I worked at ARAMARK full-time (more than an year)

Pros

JOB is ok when you are paid hourly, once you go over 40 hrs a week, you get time and a half, which is LAW of course. You can work 70 to 80 hour work weeks.

Cons

Once they put you on a route, it could be a $800 route tops. No more overtime, and let me tell you. You barely if not making any commission on these routes. You barely have time to run in and get everything, and to hear customers constantly complain they are not paying their bills, how are you supposed to sell? its not a sales job, but a dirty service job, period. and guess what, you are still working 70 to 80 hour weeks, but getting paid for 40, and making minimal to nothing on any sort of bonuse or commission....I am glad I took a desk job, and got out of Aramark....i make the same in 40 hours in one spot instead of traveling all over, fighting traffic, and working 70+ hours a week for nothing!!! Dont work here doing Route Deliveries, its a slave job, I am glad I got out!!!

Pay time and a half, like you should by law--working guys to the bone, near death, 70 to 80 hours a week, you think thats legal? Its not a sales job where you could make an extra $2000 a month, wake up ! Poorest management on the planet.....

691 Other Employee Reviews for ARAMARK (View Most Recent)

Not bad money, Not bad resume experience. You can do better, You can do less.

Former Employee - Starbucks Barista
    Former Employee - Starbucks Barista

I worked at ARAMARK part-time

Pros

Aramark is the main supply chain for Universities. They pretty much owned 90% of our univ's food court. The good thing is, you get to work for affiliated big company like, Starbucks. You can be hired fairly easy. You also might have an opportunity to be promoted for desk position even as a part time job. Though, you will have to work for them for a fairly long time to be promoted for desk position.

Cons

Pay is low. Cant really go higher within the company since managerial positions are usually filled with outsiders.

Private equity owner means primary focus is ROI for company and clients

Former Employee - Food Service Director in Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Food Service Director in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at ARAMARK full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great basics for operations and quality improvement.

Cons

As with all corporate business, not enough investment in staff development for long-term. Too much focus on quarterly results.

Manage the middle better - think long term.

There are newer employer reviews for ARAMARK