ARINC
www.arinc.com Annapolis, MD 1000 to 5000 Employees

It's time for some management changes

Principal Engineer (Former Employee)
Annapolis, MD (US)

I worked at ARINC full-time for more than a year

Pros1) Commuting can be very pleasant if you live on this side of MD. Some departments are better to work in. At least so I'm told.

2) Flexible hours. Alternative Work Schedule (AWS)

ConsARINC is currently waiting for a buyer, and it seems like the only employees that are hanging around are the ones that were just hired and/or the ones that still draw a pension. Here is what I observed in my time there:

1) Nepotism - : favoritism (as in appointment to a job) based on kinship
This is ramped at ARINC. You will most likely not have a good career advancement due to this practice. Many employees (family members) are getting positions they are not qualified for. It has completely undermined the moral.

2) Signs of Corporate Pathology? - I've found that many (expensive) decisions are made based on private personal agendas no matter if it's good for the company or not. In my department as an example, the clients weren't even consulted on buy in for major changes to make sure they were ok with the ongoing cost.

3) Work Place Diversity - I also noticed there are VERY FEW minorities in leadership roles. I have not seen this to this extent in other work environments. I just thought it might be worth mentioning.

4) No Management Meetings - The employees NEVER get updates with management on what's going on. No management meetings with the employees, performance goals and bonus have diminished to non-existent for those that are on the front line and are reserved for the middle to upper managers.

5) Uneven Workload - I frequently ran into situations where there is one employee that is doing the majority of the work in their departments. When that employee is out, there are severe gaps in the productivity due to the single threaded nature of the organization.

6) Frequent re-organizations - It seems to be about 1 to 2 re-orgs per year. The entire department anxiously awaits to see who your new boss will be for that part of the year to see how your ongoing projects are affected.

Advice to Senior ManagementProperly train the staff OR hire competent managers to lead the organization's department. I'd most likely favor the latter. Stop the nepotism. It's really tearing the company apart. It's no secret that investing in good people will take the company further in the long run. ARINC seems to not understand that, or just plain doesn't care anymore! Many of the CONS has grown from inexperienced management.

Interview process and work experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at ARINC full-time for more than a year

Pros: ARINC compensates their employees well. Cons: Management does with hold very important information from their employees. Advice to Senior Management: Be more upfront with your employees. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good company.

I have been working at ARINC full-time

Pros: Room for growth if you are willing to work for… Cons: Large variance between senior leaders in different areas. Like any place else, some… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on ARINC.

Worked for ARINC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ARINC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ARINC CEO John M. Belcher. All reviews posted anonymously by ARINC employees.