ARINC

www.arinc.com

It's time for some management changes

Principal Engineer (Former Employee) Annapolis, MD (US)

Pros1) Commuting can be very pleasant if you live on this side of MD. Some departments are better to work in. At least so I'm told.

2) Flexible hours. Alternative Work Schedule (AWS)

ConsARINC is currently waiting for a buyer, and it seems like the only employees that are hanging around are the ones that were just hired and/or the ones that still draw a pension. Here is what I observed in my time there:

1) Nepotism - : favoritism (as in appointment to a job) based on kinship
This is ramped at ARINC. You will most likely not have a good career advancement due to this practice. Many employees (family members) are getting positions they are not qualified for. It has completely undermined the moral.

2) Signs of Corporate Pathology? - I've found that many (expensive) decisions are made based on private personal agendas no matter if it's good for the company or not. In my department as an example, the clients weren't even consulted on buy in for major changes to make sure they were ok with the ongoing cost.

3) Work Place Diversity - I also noticed there are VERY FEW minorities in leadership roles. I have not seen this to this extent in other work environments. I just thought it might be worth mentioning.

4) No Management Meetings - The employees NEVER get updates with management on what's going on. No management meetings with the employees, performance goals and bonus have diminished to non-existent for those that are on the front line and are reserved for the middle to upper managers.

5) Uneven Workload - I frequently ran into situations where there is one employee that is doing the majority of the work in their departments. When that employee is out, there are severe gaps in the productivity due to the single threaded nature of the organization.

6) Frequent re-organizations - It seems to be about 1 to 2 re-orgs per year. The entire department anxiously awaits to see who your new boss will be for that part of the year to see how your ongoing projects are affected.

Advice to Senior ManagementProperly train the staff OR hire competent managers to lead the organization's department. I'd most likely favor the latter. Stop the nepotism. It's really tearing the company apart. It's no secret that investing in good people will take the company further in the long run. ARINC seems to not understand that, or just plain doesn't care anymore! Many of the CONS has grown from inexperienced management.

Director

Director (Current Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at ARINC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: great company and great people to work with Cons: None that i know of Advice to Senior Management: Keep supporting your line management Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good company but too much in jeopardy with Carlysle trying to sell company off

Network Operations Specialist (Current Employee) Annapolis, MD (US)

I have been working at ARINC full-time for more than a year

Pros: Opportunity for growth if you push for it. Other than that management is not worried… Cons: Compensation is terrible even for internal employees looking to grow. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on ARINC.

Worked for ARINC? Contribute to the Community!