AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

AT&T stands for "At This Time" - I learned to be flexible in the face of change and value the skills I had to develop

Former Employee - Local Service Associate in Sacramento, CA (US)
Former Employee - Local Service Associate in Sacramento, CA (US)

I worked at AT&T

Pros

The benefits were exceptionally good (medical, dental, vision, mental health, reimbursment accts, and legal); very ethnically diverse workforce, variety of job functions available to more ambitious, responsible workers.

Cons

No transfer within the company for workers from the "old AT&T"; very little opportunity for promotion, constant threat of lay-offs undermined morale, and the union (@ least our local) often picked the wrong battles and frequently conspired with managment @ the expense of the workers

Find a way around the union to reward/promote employee performance over seniority; invest time and thought into promoting center morale

6233 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

good times

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Omaha, NE (US)
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Omaha, NE (US)

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Can be a fun place to work most of the time. I recommend working at at&t to anybody who can handle a more than moderate amount of pressure and has a thirst for technology. Compensation is more than what most americans make by far. You get awesome health care and there is plenty of room to move up in the company.

Cons

There are some mean people out there. Sometimes the company doesn't feel like it has your back as much as they have the customers.

Bend over backwards for your reps and always have their backs no matter what. Your money is made off of what THEY do not what YOU do.

Be flexible and patient AT&T is an evolving monolith with old ways slowly eroding to give way to new technologies.

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Saint Augustine, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Saint Augustine, FL (US)

I worked at AT&T

Pros

Great people, great work atmosphere and a culture of giving back to the local community.

Cons

Processes are too compartmentalized, Limited technology transfer.

Respect for the contractors that work on prem. They are the face of AT&T the customer sees and interacts with.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T