AT&T

www.att.com

AT&T is trying hard

Current Employee - Human Resources  in  Dallas, TX (US)
Current Employee - Human Resources in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Discount on services is a great benefit. Good people with good work ethic. The benefits are industry standard. Culture has made strides in the last few years. There are many developmental resources if you have time to seek them out.

Cons

Because of the size of the company, if you aren't identified as a leader with potential, you will have a hard time getting a promotion. Work/life balance could be better.

Other Reviews for AT&T

Walk in the door stupid because you will be treated that way.

Current Employee - Facility Technician  in  Tuscaloosa, AL (US)
    Current Employee - Facility Technician in Tuscaloosa, AL (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pay is good not the best, benefits are better than a lot of places, but they are changing not for the better every year

Cons

Micromanaged by bean counters far removed from the actual job they lord over as experts in the field. Upper management gives no flexibility or decision making authority to front line managers or technicians. It is a zero tolerance environment for any one trying to improve our customers experience unless you use their check list. You feel like a robot reading off everything they require you to say to every customer weather it applies or not. And this a real turn off when you are face to face with a dissatisfied customer.

Your numbers are a joke. You have created a system in which we as employees are more interested in meeting the numbers that someone puled from their lower torso than doing what we know needs to be done to keep the customer. Listen to the people on the ground instead of the people who will tell the emperor that his clothes look great. You can't measure a loyal customer that establishes a relationship with a company employee with bogus numbers. This is often said at our office (One of these days we are going to have perfect numbers and no customers.)

Horrible Experience

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I worked at AT&T full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Salary so I thought.

Cons

The Salary isn't worth it. Don't quit a job thinking the grass is greener because of the salary offered by your recruiter. Trainer was great but their computer training system sucks....doesn't work correctly to provide actual results for preparation in taking live calls. Then when you get to take live calls there are 20 agents and 3 helpers. You sit there with your hand in the air forever waiting for help while your caller waits for you to get an answer. If they don't like you, you can forget getting help. Then they come into the classroom and pull out those agent they are canning one by one before hitting the floor. They ask you to resign instead of being fired. Was told I offered no upgrades on 3 separate calls. I asked which calls and when told which ones in question they refused to pull the calls because I did in fact offer upgrades they just did not like me. Seen agents praised for sales that were not legit. One agent told me how they were upgrading and it was not done according to their guidelines but I guess that doesn't matter...she moved on only to quit due to the pressure of meeting rediculous metrics. Guess she was eventually caught upgrading incorrectly then couldn't make the cut. I normally don't participate in negative review writing since one persons golden opportunity is another's nightmare. However, I have always excelled in every sales job I've ever had and always exceeded required sales stats.

Watch who you can. They most likely would be your best agents (honest and loyal).

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T.

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!