AT&T

www.att.com

I can't say enough about AT&T WiFi. It's a great place to work and I love the people I work with.

Current Employee - Senior Technical Director  in  Austin, TX (US)
Current Employee - Senior Technical Director in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility, Good Pay, 401K matching, little micro-managing, no competition among peers as bonuses are team based

Cons

Location of office is south of downtown, commute can be long for those that live North. Pay is good, but not at the top of the spectrum.

Continue allowing AT&T WiFi to prosper in what it does best. We realize we are now being folding more into Corporate AT&T and are fine with it, but don't let the corporate bureaucracy create barriers to prevent growth.

Other Reviews for AT&T

I learned more in the position than in any other job.

Former Employee - Media Consultant  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Media Consultant in Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, company benefits and compensation.

Cons

Management poor, processies not monitored or effeciant, and compensation was always changing and wasn't easily understood or communicated the changes.

Slower to hire, quicker to fire. Managers with good numbers aren't always good managers or employees. I'd advise upper management to spend more time "working" in lower positions to gain a better understanding of whats really happening.

Horrible culture, true leadership non existent

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Salary can be good, but only if you negotiate a high starting rate

Cons

Leadership doesn't actually exist here. Management talks a good game, but employees are not an asset and no care goes into retaining valuable talent. Wireline runs the entire show, placing non-qualified wireline people into wireless jobs. Outsourcing to India is rapidly taking place throughout the entire organization.

Try to actually treat your employees as assets, show them they are valued and reward them with actual raises and promotional opportunity instead of promoting via cronyism. Stop outsourcing actual talent and replacing with the cheapest labor you can get.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T.

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!