AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

the money and benefits were very good; the experience... not so much

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant  in  Youngstown, OH (US)
Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Youngstown, OH (US)

I worked at AT&T

Pros

the benefits are outstanding; vacations and PTO were some of the best I have encountered. hourly rate was very much above average. very accommodating to personal/ family needs.

Cons

very stressful; always constant pressure. employees were often pitted against each other in the name of sales. promotions were based on personal relationships, and not on merit. commission structure constantly changing, and becoming increasingly difficult.

stop overseas customer service. The biggest complaint from customers has nothing to do with service issues, dropped calls, etc.. it is a constant "I can't get someone who speaks English."

5599 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

Keep Looking

Former Employee - Premise Account Executive  in  Hartford, CT (US)
    Former Employee - Premise Account Executive in Hartford, CT (US)

I worked at AT&T

Pros

Base salary competitive.
    If you can sell new business this would be a great fit for you.
    The potential to make good money is there, but will it be reached.

Cons

2 years probational period in which you can fired at the drop of a dime. Medical, Health and Dental do not kick in until 6 months. 401K is not matched until after 1 full year. Here is the deal. I felt really bad when I decided to quit. The money was okay and I actually took a lesser paying job to leave but what I found out after I quit made it all worth while. All the reps in my office talked to me once I made my decision and told me I did the right thing. The employee moral is really low and a good amount of people seem to have one foot out the door and are looking elsewhere. What use to be a really great place to work has been rapidly on the decline. For the amount of driving you have to do you will be putting entire paychecks into your gas tank. Everyone is constantly stressed out. And if you do not have 12 new business's signed up with AT&T after 6 months they will walk you out the door. As one rep said to me ... It is hard to work for a place whose main product for years is dying.

Employee moral is low. What are you going to do to fix it? None of the reps want to be there, doesn't that say that it is time for a change?

Only If you really need a job

Former Employee - Cyber Sales Representative  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Cyber Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at AT&T

Pros

Benefits and Benefits and Benefits

Cons

High Stress and boiler room Sales, High turnover

Listen to the people on the front line and set realistic goals.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!