Accenture

www.accenture.com
There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Great experience in Technology Consulting

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Great mentor program with managers willing to invest time in you
Competitive pay and benefits

Cons

Very structured/hierarchical, hard to fast track

9905 Other Employee Reviews for Accenture (View Most Recent)

Cut Throat, uninspiring - Eat or Be Eaten in its prime

Former Employee - Senior Executive in Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Executive in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Accenture

Pros

Its a job with average pay with some good people

Cons

the only way to survive is to be constantly finding other people to take out. On the business side, that's all that people focus on. The work and true focus on the client is secondary. On the consulting side, its all about what you can bill - quality or no quality. On the enterprise side, its all about what heads can you take out. It becomes a ridiculous game under the scam of process, operational excellence or quality but in the end, they don't care what happens to the org or the client. they only care about delivering the heads. If you don't deliver heads, then you are not performing. It's embarrassing and lacks intelligence in how they go about it. I chose to leave as I could not keep working at a place that was so hollow, dispassionate and single track.

They need to shake up the group of people that have all been working together for the past 20-30 years. They appear to be trapped in administrative stagnation where the improvement programs in an effort to safe themselves default to reinforcing the behaviors they are trying to change.

Hit or Miss

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

You will always have work if you are a good worker. You get to work on interesting projects and clients. It's a steady income, and last time I check, getting paid is better than having no job.

Cons

The Solutions workforce is the kiss of death. Be prepare to get treated like a second class citizen. No matter how smart or hard working you are, the Solutions workforce is considered to be the slaves of Accenture.

I don't think you can fix this ship. As in life, there are people at the top and there are people at the bottom. Accenture does this the best, it knows how to put people at their place.

There are newer employer reviews for Accenture