There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Gaining excellent cross functional/industry experience thanks to the wide variety of roles that you may be placed in

Current Employee - Management Consultant in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
Current Employee - Management Consultant in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Great starting salary
- Excellent career prospects
- Some great people
- Global presence
- Good training opportunities available

Cons

- Internal politics - 'he who shouts loudest wins'
- Difficult to specialise in anything specific
- Can be placed in any role - complete lottery
- Contrasting styles within managment

Convince managers to take a more holistic view of the company, rather than focusing on their own projects - management work within silos on their projects when some staff members could also contribute their skills to the wider Accenture community on new clients where they may have a specific interest.

8942 Other Employee Reviews for Accenture (View Most Recent)

disappointing

Former Employee - Accountant In A BPO Project
    Former Employee - Accountant In A BPO Project

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-it's certainly a life experience which would open up your eyes about what you don't want in a company.

Cons

-you are expected to be obedient, sort of a yes-person for the management. promotion depends on your relationship with the manager, not on your competence.
    -management doesn't take responsibility for lost projects. moreover, they mislead employees about the status of the projects. for example, 1 year after I left the company, the project I worked on before was lost and my former colleagues were told they will be placed on different projects. then in the last minute after they did all the knowledge transfer they were announced that no open positions are available for them, practically they were forced to leave with 1 month compensation.
    -there's no space here to enumerate all these lies and shameful attitudes the company has toward its employees. what I can tell is that you get burned out in 1 year because of the overtime and the stress, so think about it very very wisely before committing.
    - i am talking only about the outsourced projects, i don't know what the conditions are in other sectors like consulting or software development. but for outsourcing, the motto is çheap ''workforce'' so be prepared for a miserable salary and unterminable working hours. even the holiday leaves are a painful procedure as you have to ensure a backup to cover the client needs anytime, so flexibility is inexistent.

no advice, as during my stay here i came to the conclusion that they just simply don't care. as many writers said it before me, you have to manage your own career, no one will help you, this is partly because of the abnormal and disastruous HR and review processes, which state that only a certain % of the employees can be above average. you can imagine the stress, dog-eat-dog atmosphere and conflicts generated by this type of reward system.

Excellent learning opportunities

Current Employee - Analyst in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Analyst in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Accenture full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Its great working with innovative and intelligent colleagues. Steep learning curve but yet excellent learning opportunities.

Cons

Long working hours. Responsibilities and work can be overwhelmed at times.

There are newer employer reviews for Accenture