Gaining excellent cross functional/industry experience thanks to the wide variety of roles that you may be placed in

Current Employee - Management Consultant  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
Current Employee - Management Consultant in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great starting salary
- Excellent career prospects
- Some great people
- Global presence
- Good training opportunities available

Cons

- Internal politics - 'he who shouts loudest wins'
- Difficult to specialise in anything specific
- Can be placed in any role - complete lottery
- Contrasting styles within managment

Convince managers to take a more holistic view of the company, rather than focusing on their own projects - management work within silos on their projects when some staff members could also contribute their skills to the wider Accenture community on new clients where they may have a specific interest.

Other Reviews for Accenture

No Nonsense Client-Value Creation

Current Employee - Business Process Specialist (Developer)  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Current Employee - Business Process Specialist (Developer) in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent training, support, peer networks. Unlimited opportunity, good work life balance (for me, anyway), remote-worker friendly, excellent benefits, competitive salary. Results oriented, minimal politics.

Cons

Can feel a little left to your own devices sometimes (I've never met my boss after 6 months working for him). Was expecting a little more than "meets expectations" on review but considering I didn't really contribute anything to it, I have only myself to blame. Don't let that happen to you.

Do a better job emailing your direct subordinates with clear SMART goals that they can build upon.

Great please to launch a career, gaining skills, gaining knowledge and build your network

Current Employee - Systems Integration Consultant  in  Jakarta (Indonesia)
    Current Employee - Systems Integration Consultant in Jakarta (Indonesia)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Gain access to Accenture's experience and knowledge, Drive your own career to get and learn what you want, Working with great people in great environment, Do something that really valuable with value delivery driven mindset and passion to the client.

Cons

Work life balance (sometimes) must be sacrificed, depends on the situation and how you managed it. As long as you have passion on what you are doing and things that you have being interested, this may not even bothering you.

Compensation and benefits is relatively competitive and but still for some people they expect to gain more and more, referring on how much values that they already deliver, hardwork and time that they already sacrificed for working.

Recognition might be an issue since there are a lot of great people in Accenture, you may work hard already but many other people work harder and better.

There are newer employer reviews for Accenture.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!