If you are young do not let them sell you into Resourcing or Recruitment, they will sell it to you

Former Employee - Senior Resourcer  in  Havant, England (UK)
Former Employee - Senior Resourcer in Havant, England (UK)

I worked at Advanced Resource Managers (ARM) full-time for less than a year

Pros

everyone who starts work for ARM must go through the Training programme which I must say is good, partly down to they have a good recruitment Trainer

Cons

They miss sell you the role, they have a very high staff turnover, there are a number of employees who are trying to leave. I was sold on ARM's expansion plans and did not agree with their silly KPI's and targets - I started getting depressed as supposed to motivated. Managers don’t do as much as they could, they are constantly on your back asking how many minutes have you spent on the phone to candidates – this is just absurd. Over all, they have some real issues. There are only a very small handful that are carrying ARM on their shoulders and making a success of their careers. If you are currently working for ARM, use it for its training and experience then get out asap !

change the whole resourcing structure and they way staff are treated. If you are a Manager working for ARM then you are a failure that is trying to make it in ARM.

Other Reviews for Advanced Resource Managers (ARM)

Not the worst, not the best.

Former Employee - Resourcer  in  Havant, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Resourcer in Havant, England (UK)

I worked at Advanced Resource Managers (ARM) full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people, for the most part, are a good bunch. There's generally quite a mix, which makes for a good workplace. They do make an effort for the social events and prizes. As far as recruitment companies go, there's far better and also far worse.

Cons

Staff are generally treated as cash-cows. If you aren't hitting target you will likely not receive adequate support or guidance to enable you to hit target, other than being threatened with a formal warning or dismissal. The majority of recruitment jobs there are high stress and pressure 95% of the time. There is a constant rotating door of people getting sacked and hired which can make for an uneasy atmosphere - but this is probably common in recruitment.

Whilst there was some investment in people, and I appreciate that it's a sales oriented business, there was often a tendency to hit the panic button and leave people feeling stressed and isolated, rather than supported and enabled. At times this was due to line managers being under equal stress. It feeds down from the top really - but I suppose that's sales, right?

Really enjoyed working there

Former Employee - Consultant  in  Havant, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Havant, England (UK)

I worked at Advanced Resource Managers (ARM) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company, great training and really good people. Loves my time here and only left as I moved away. Made some really good friends here hope they open an office near me as I would join again straight away

Cons

They haven't opened an office near me yet!!

Open an office in the North West

There are newer employer reviews for Advanced Resource Managers (ARM).

Worked for Advanced Resource Managers (ARM)? Contribute to the Community!