Retail Merchandising

Current Employee - Retail Merchandising  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
Current Employee - Retail Merchandising in Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Travel east coast, some benefits

Cons

PM shift, Not organized, Cutting wedges

My advice would be to do employee progress checks, actually come in contact with your employees, new employee training programs. Most of all do not use temporary services, and take care of the employees who stick around to get the job done. I use to love my job, but now with all the pay cuts and long time friends / associates leaving for new employment no so much. The work is hard with 12 hour nights, but with not good pay....that seems to decrease monthly. Instead of hiring full time employees they bring in temporary services with people with no training. I have never meet my supervisor in person in the 5 years I've been with the company. Forget it if u have a problem .....HR takes forever and payroll is a headache. Its a job......and I am thankful for it!! I just know it can be more if management was more involved with the process, and concerned about the employees.

Other Reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing

Better to skip ASM if you're an outsider to the company.

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time

Pros

Compensation was very good, and it was an immersion in entrepreneurship. .

Cons

Benefits were terrible- which is weird because compensation was so good. Tuition reimbursement- $500 a year, that's it. Clearly they don't value advancing your education. 6 months wait time to participate in 401K, match wasn't great either. Worst part about it was lack of any information from upper management. Info stops at the VP level, and even when you get info its vague at best. Company culture doesn't encourage transparency to employees.

Get out of the office in Irvine, and realize what the business managers on the business are really dealing with day to day. Make yourself available to mid management, open the lines of communication, and value the work that is being done on your behalf. Your financials are terrible, maybe its because you've lost sight of how the business really runs and what's happending today.

Event Planner

Current Employee - Event Planner  in  Bloomington, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Event Planner in Bloomington, IN (US)

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay, flexibility and independent work environment

Cons

Standing Up and dealing with greedy customers

none

There are newer employer reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing.

Worked for Advantage Sales and Marketing? Contribute to the Community!