There are newer employer reviews for Advisory Board

Challenging and satisfying

I have been working at Advisory Board

Pros

Good work culture and environment

Cons

Very little to mention here

265 Other Employee Reviews for Advisory Board (View Most Recent)

Treat us part of ABC

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chennai (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chennai (India)

I have been working at Advisory Board full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun Loving Work Environment
    Organizational Culture
    Amazing Compensation
    Company's Values
    Empowering Middle Level Management People to make decisions
    Flat Org Structure
    Talented People who believe in making things happen
    Leadership Team

Cons

* Need to Focus more on Everyones Career Path. So that we have higher Retention and people dont feel stagnated in their Careers.

* Its high time India Office needs to focus on Learning & Development for all Employees

* Develop next Level Leaders in all the Levels & Roles

* Treat us as one among you and part of you because we work for ABC

* It's high time People in Austin Office must learn to adress employees as employees and stop addressing employees in India as " Contractors " that message has to go loud and clear from our CEO Mr. Robert Musslewhite to them.

* It's high time Austin Office goes through a culture training. They need to learn to work with Geographically distributed teams before they asses anyone on their On Level performance saying " Working with Geographically distributed teams "

Boiler room with high turnover - proceed with caution.

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Washington, DC (US)
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Washington, DC (US)

I worked at Advisory Board full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Most new marketing associates and other entry-level employees at ABC are motivated, young professionals that are eager to start their careers and make it in DC. One of the benefits of working in a stressful environment is that it provides a great bonding atmosphere. This is great, especially if you're new to the DC area. Even after leaving some time ago, I still keep in touch with former colleagues.

Cons

Everything about ABC has already been said on this website, but in a nutshell, success is far too situational. You could be working on a new product with an excellent director (a.k.a. travelling salesman) with a decent number of leads, and as long as you put in the effort, you will be fine. Conversely, you could wind up with a old product with no leads and essentially be set up for failure. Metrics are poorly designed, which is probably the most significant factor contributing to the high turnover.

Due to the tough economy and large supply of qualified recent college grads, management has no regard for the high turnover. If you don't hit your numbers, expect to be quickly shown the door.

If you're serious about a career in sales, ABC has one of the most aggressive sales training programs in the DC area, making it worth a look. If you're not serious about sales, and are only looking at a marketing associate position at ABC because you're tired of using your degree to wait tables, are desperate to avoid moving back in with mom and dad, or can no longer keep going with the unpaid internship endurance competition that is DC, proceed with caution! I was in the latter position, but hey - a man's got to make a living.

The management of this company astounds me. They seem to be completely obilivious to the fact that the high turnover has been tarnishing the reputation of their company for years. In most interviews I've had post ABC, most prospective employers can't help but to joke about the "factory" environment.

What goes around comes around, and sooner or later, your practices may not only hurt your reputation but also your bottom line. Plus, someday, the economy will improve (maybe?) and you won't have as large a supply of recent college graduates to take advantage of. Focusing on investing in your entry-level hires and understanding the demands of the MA position could do wonders.

There are newer employer reviews for Advisory Board