There are newer employer reviews for Alkermes

The workplace that you've always wanted to be at.

Current Employee - IT in Wilmington, OH (US)
Current Employee - IT in Wilmington, OH (US)

I have been working at Alkermes

Pros

The company has a lot of respect for their workers in general. You are treated very fairly, and they make it so that you are happy to get up and go to work in the mornings. Good co-workers, pleasant work atmosphere. We have managers that actually take the time to get out and work with and for you. You can guarantee that you have good represenation as to your wants, needs, and expectations as they make their way up to the senior management level. You can actually enjoy your job and do a good job that is helping make a difference in a lot of peoples lives.

Cons

If I find any downsides, I'll be sure to post them. In general, there aren't any real downsides as I see them. There is always that person or two that you wish you didn't have to work with as they have no people skills, but you do your time and deal with these people the best way you can. It isn't too hard keeping a smile on your face as you know you'll soon be done. You could consider the location of the company a downside for a lot of employee's, as there are quite a few that make quite a long drive to just work here.

Keep up the good work. I know there have been rocky times, but I see you leading us to a bright future.

20 Other Employee Reviews for Alkermes (View Most Recent)

no career development/training, poor benefits and compensation

Former Employee - Research Associate in Cambridge, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Research Associate in Cambridge, MA (US)

I worked at Alkermes

Pros

they practice good science -

Cons

No career development/training, poor benefits and compensation. Poor strategy by management (that recently made a mass exodus) left the company with not much of a future in their pipeline.

Invest in your employees, train Directors/ADs/senior scientists in basic management skills. Improve HR function in the organization- increase activities, training and career development programs at all levels of the organization, benefits, team building activities, etc.

Staffing not keeping up with growth

I have been working at Alkermes

Pros

Great benefits, great pipeline, flexible hours/WFH

Cons

no focus on personal growth, no onboarding, not enough headcount to account for recent growth resulting in untenable timelines

Consider acquiring a small company so that we have the staff to complete all the work!

There are newer employer reviews for Alkermes