Amazon.com

www.amazon.com
  www.amazon.com
There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Amazing culture

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA (US)
Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The management is amazing and the internship experience is equally amazing. I have learned more at the company in 3 months than I did in my entire degree in college.

Cons

The job is in Seattle and as everyone knows, the weather there isn't amazing. Also not a big fan of the city.

3860 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

SFA Intern

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Seattle, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Amazon.com as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great managers, directors, vps to work with. people were smart and quite responsible for their work. good pay. great work/life balance

Cons

huge company easy to move around but hard to find the "right people" to work with to get promotions.

Great management for my short experience

Worked myself sick for long hours, and they don't seem to care.

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Hebron, KY (US)
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Hebron, KY (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay is decent, and there do seem to be plenty of opportunities for advancement if you're looking to stay in this line of work.

Cons

(Full disclosure: technically, I work for SMX|Staffing Management, within Amazon's CVG3 warehouse - "building 3"). The 10-hour-long shifts are dreadful when you're spending the entirety of them hauling heavy carts or pallets loaded down with product back and forth across an enormous warehouse over and over again, all day long. I was assigned to this and similar tasks every day for over three weeks, in spite of supposed rules in place to prevent this, and I developed blisters, back pain, and bronchitis rather quickly (oh, boy!). They won't excuse an absence due to illness without penalizing you in their ridiculous attendance "point" system. They wouldn't exempt me from mandatory overtime for an important appointment that was scheduled weeks before said overtime was even mentioned, nor would they give an exemption for something as personally significant as attending my brother's wedding! They just said, "oh, you'll have to take a hit on your attendance." Gosh, thanks! I guess they don't expect associates to have a life outside of the warehouse when they schedule 60-hour work weeks with no exceptions, saying, "come in to work, or else," and then inexplicably send about a third of the workforce home early because there's not enough for them to do! Sometimes it seems like the place is run by a mob of imbeciles, and I'm literally and figuratively sick of it.

Revamp your associate training schemes so everyone is actually on the same page as far as procedures and policies, and be a little more open to the notion that your employees are human beings with lives that don't always revolve around rates and TAKT times!

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com