Amazon.com
3.4 of 5 2,792 reviews
www.amazon.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

A place to start

Software Development Engineer II (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAmazon is a great entry place for engineers. A mix of some ability and some drive will get an entrant into the full engineering exposure at a fast pace. Most of the direct software managers have engineering backgrounds mostly as experienced engineers at the company they don't just know about the technology but will have insight into relative teams too.

ConsManagement ability is completely random. Many do not have the training or ability to manage. The rise by force of will culture leads to a culture of it's everyone's responsibility who has a certain level of competence to do everything. Organization makes no sense in that way.

Amazon India experience

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros: Lots of opportunities to learn but your growth depends a… Cons: Very poor facilities. Should take more care of employees. Also the… Advice to Senior Management: Improve the facilities and try to bring good work to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

warehouse associate outbound pack shift

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time

Pros: good people, benefits were good for the position Cons: extremely boring job, long hours, short breaks No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amazon.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Amazon.com CEO Jeff Bezos. All reviews posted anonymously by Amazon.com employees.