Amazon.com

www.amazon.com

Fast-paced energic company with complex architecture

Systems Engineer II (Current Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsI work with some of the best engineers that I've seen. Company not too hierarchical. Good work is highly recognized. Ideas are listened to. Technical decisions are made with careful analysis.

ConsToo many meetings. Too much email. Open space. Frugality. Sometimes work is not very engaging. Suffers from being too large. Internal tools sometimes a nightmare to work with. Specialization is difficult. Too much on-call duty.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest on better tools, with better documentation. Deprecate old things. Strive for good simple designs. Encourage specialization.

Great if you love constant competition

Vendor Manager (Former Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: the ability to impact your business quickly and in an action oriented… Cons: constant competition breeds need for everyone to want to be 'right' in the room and be the first person with the answer stack ranking of employees… Advice to Senior Management: stop stack ranking your employees and breeding an environment of… – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Amazon is unique and very supportive

Digital Specialist (Current Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for less than a year

Pros: You're always going to have opportunities to grow within the company. You have a… Cons: Amazon is a very frugal company, therefore no free lunches daily. Restaurants… Advice to Senior Management: Having a monthly appreciation party would be great! Though not… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!