Amazon.com
3.4 of 5 2,795 reviews
www.amazon.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

Fast-paced energic company with complex architecture

Systems Engineer II (Current Employee)
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for less than a year

ProsI work with some of the best engineers that I've seen. Company not too hierarchical. Good work is highly recognized. Ideas are listened to. Technical decisions are made with careful analysis.

ConsToo many meetings. Too much email. Open space. Frugality. Sometimes work is not very engaging. Suffers from being too large. Internal tools sometimes a nightmare to work with. Specialization is difficult. Too much on-call duty.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest on better tools, with better documentation. Deprecate old things. Strive for good simple designs. Encourage specialization.

Amazon (Site Merchandising)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros: Constantly challenging and fast paced means never being bored at… Cons: Politics, lack of upward mobility No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A place to start

Software Development Engineer II (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Amazon is a great entry place for engineers. A mix of some ability and some drive will get an entrant into the full engineering exposure… Cons: Management ability is completely random. Many do not have the training or ability to manage. The rise by force of will culture leads… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amazon.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Amazon.com CEO Jeff Bezos. All reviews posted anonymously by Amazon.com employees.