Amazon.com

www.amazon.com

Does not hesitate to over-work employees...

Database Administrator (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

Pros- Smart people all around keeping you on toes.
- Culture of thinking out of box.
- Tough milestones to achieve promotions ... extracts the best out of the employees.
- A transparent internal job transfer to suit an employee's choice.

Cons- pathetic work-life balance.
- in the name of frugality , they do some cheap and mean things like choose a facility in the remotest corner of the city where facilities are cheap.
- the job offer letter misleads almost every employee...in the sense that the stocks given to an employee is considered every year during appraisal and the increment in salary will be in inverse proportion of stocks vested, so if lots of stocks gets vested , the company won't give you much hike even if you are a top performer.
- Hard to get recognized for good-work but fast enough to get criticized for an error.
- Have a history of Lay-off at trifle error.

Advice to Senior ManagementAn employee's work ownership does not make the employee a work-horse which can keep running without any pause. Learn to recognize key employee and try to make them happy , after all they are the ones which keeps your company alive.

Worst job I had

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros: You have chance to learn new things Cons: Amazon is a good place for young people but not… More

so far so good

Research Scientist (Current Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for less than a year

Pros: amazon is a growing company with many interesting problems. the… Cons: pay-wise is ok but not great. one leadership principle of the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!