There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Doing the same tedious work over and over.

Former Employee - Labor in Covington, KY (US)
Former Employee - Labor in Covington, KY (US)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Easy quick hiring process. And for that it does pay better then most quick hire jobs. Easy to learn operations and decent work out.

Cons

Hard labor and working with the dumbest people ever. After making a suggestion I was told just to do what I'm told because this is like "slave labor".

Improve training process for new employees so that they can learn multiple jobs. Thus making days seem more interesting because one wouldn't be doing the same thing over and over. Maybe this would help retain good workers.

3666 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

Great for people without college

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

3 days off per week

Cons

Communication very poor
    very young managers
    do not promote from within as much as they could
    Feel like cattle being herded
    Some managers treat hourly workers like children and with disrespect
    I am a college graduate and tried move up but their communication and interview processes were so poorly run that I left and much happier at company where I am respected and valued

The training is a joke
    Managers need more mentoring (young and old) not just those right out of collegE
    Procedural changes n red to be better communicated

Your peers are smart, but the culture is harsh

Current Employee - Software Engineering Manager in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineering Manager in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Amazon hires very smart people. Getting hired is hard, but you will work with some of the brightest engineers out there.

The total compensation is nice. Do not flinch at having part of your compensation be RSUs. Even if stock price goes down, your compensation will be adjusted. Because Amazon sees RSU as part of the compensation, they will fix it with market fluctuations. There really is only upside. No, you won't retire on RSU....won't buy a house....maybe a nice car is stock goes through the roof.

Cons

The culture is one that encourages harsh behavior. If you present an idea or argument and can't back it up with data or facts - prepare to be humiliated. I tend to see folks last < 1 year or more than 5 years. In other words, you either are cut out for this environment or you're not.

The more senior the position (as management or as an individual contributor) the more aggressive you need to be.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com