Amazon.com
3.4 of 5 2,794 reviews
www.amazon.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

Doing the same tedious work over and over.

Labor (Former Employee)
Covington, KY (US)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for less than a year

ProsEasy quick hiring process. And for that it does pay better then most quick hire jobs. Easy to learn operations and decent work out.

ConsHard labor and working with the dumbest people ever. After making a suggestion I was told just to do what I'm told because this is like "slave labor".

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove training process for new employees so that they can learn multiple jobs. Thus making days seem more interesting because one wouldn't be doing the same thing over and over. Maybe this would help retain good workers.

Good

Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Very Dynamic, good place to start career, learn lot of things in less… Cons: One gets lost on the core and delivering due to so much happening around. Too much… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company if you're a cultural fit

Senior Product Manager (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for less than a year

Pros: Rapid growth Strong leadership Lots of opportunities to grow and work on… Cons: None of the usual tech perks (e.g. free lunch, etc.) - in fact, frugality is a core… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amazon.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Amazon.com CEO Jeff Bezos. All reviews posted anonymously by Amazon.com employees.