Amazon.com
3.4 of 5 2,796 reviews
www.amazon.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

Three years I'll never get back - and no I haven't been fired, I just wanna leave..

Not Worth the Risk Revealing What I Do, They'll BE After Me! (Current Employee)
Dudelange (Luxembourg)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPackage WITH CAVEATS: The stock is pretty decent for the first couple of years, then it overperforms and you're like totally screwed ("it's not our fault we did so well" cry the fat cats)
Some people are really decent and they try super hard.

ConsThe tech is substandard, I mean it's hard sometimes to just get the basics done without raising ticket after ticket
The processes are ludicrous (and - worse - inefficient)
Complete diregard for people's lives - work and social (most of us are pretty young, we need to live a little outside of work - I see little of the 'work hard' ethic)
The salary is poor for such an expensive, dreary place to live

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach guys. It's about time to wake up and smell your substandard coffee: Amazon is no longer a startup but a (tenuously profitable, true) multi billion dollar business thats been around for almost 20 years. Stop hiding behind cool slogans and 'leadership principles' that you don't represent and use as an excuse not to spend money. Grow up. If you can't spend because profits are so poor, then rethink your strategy.

Pretty mediocre company for which to work

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Cambridge, MA (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros: Nothing special, really. An advantage is that you can push hard for something, and if you're willing to put in the time, you will… Cons: Amazon is basically a big store with a huge web presence. Don't expect anything really exciting to happen here. Although, occasionally, something may… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Awesome place! Very smart people

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros: very smart people who care about the company vision and the end customer. Leaders in… Cons: can't really think of anything. I guess as it gets bigger there are the inherent… Advice to Senior Management: continue doing what you do - focusing on the end… More

There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amazon.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Amazon.com CEO Jeff Bezos. All reviews posted anonymously by Amazon.com employees.