There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

An overall safe enviroment with many oppertunities to advance within the company.

Former Contractor - Integrity Coach in Indianapolis, IN (US)
Former Contractor - Integrity Coach in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I worked at Amazon.com as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Safety was a huge priority with Amazon. They personally train evey employee and expect each associate to meet a general quota by the end of a week. The overall facility is extremely well organized and clean. Generally, most associates are kind and willing to aid one another to ensure an overall success for the company.

Cons

At times, the quota to make is slightly out of reach for associates not physically fit for their position. There is no forwarning of the end of your assignment, so termination is swift and unforseen. Breaks are not given in full as associates are expected to be back at their stations exactly at the end of each break. To make it back to your station in time, you often have to cut your break short in order to avoid receiving a written warning from your area manager.

Advice to Management

All managers ask associates to make the general standards set by Amazon so no favortism takes place. Managers often offer advice to help increase the rate of associates not quite making their quota.

reviews filtered by

Three years I'll never get back - and no I haven't been fired, I just wanna leave..

Current Employee - Not Worth the Risk Revealing What I Do, They'll BE After Me! in Dudelange (Luxembourg)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Package WITH CAVEATS: The stock is pretty decent for the first couple of years, then it overperforms and you're like totally screwed ("it's not our fault we did so well" cry the fat cats)
    Some people are really decent and they try super hard.

Cons

The tech is substandard, I mean it's hard sometimes to just get the basics done without raising ticket after ticket
    The processes are ludicrous (and - worse - inefficient)
    Complete diregard for people's lives - work and social (most of us are pretty young, we need to live a little outside of work - I see little of the 'work hard' ethic)
    The salary is poor for such an expensive, dreary place to live

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach guys. It's about time to wake up and smell your substandard coffee: Amazon is no longer a startup but a (tenuously profitable, true) multi billion dollar business thats been around for almost 20 years. Stop hiding behind cool slogans and 'leadership principles' that you don't represent and use as an excuse not to spend money. Grow up. If you can't spend because profits are so poor, then rethink your strategy.

Amazon Ops Manager

Former Employee - Ops Manager in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Ops Manager in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great employer. Excellent apy and benefits

Cons

WOrk hard is right. Forget anytime off in the fall

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com