There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Overworked and not cared for

Former Employee - SDE2 in Seattle, WA (US)
Former Employee - SDE2 in Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Career builder. You will be in the cutting edge of todays technology.

Cons

Overworked and you have no life while you work for Amazon. The rare cases of people staying with them for longer than 4 years are actually the ones that have learned how to work the internal system.

Empower the SDE-s. Don't look after M$ b/c you will end up like them.

3666 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

Three years I'll never get back - and no I haven't been fired, I just wanna leave..

Current Employee - Not Worth the Risk Revealing What I Do, They'll BE After Me! in Dudelange (Luxembourg)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Package WITH CAVEATS: The stock is pretty decent for the first couple of years, then it overperforms and you're like totally screwed ("it's not our fault we did so well" cry the fat cats)
    Some people are really decent and they try super hard.

Cons

The tech is substandard, I mean it's hard sometimes to just get the basics done without raising ticket after ticket
    The processes are ludicrous (and - worse - inefficient)
    Complete diregard for people's lives - work and social (most of us are pretty young, we need to live a little outside of work - I see little of the 'work hard' ethic)
    The salary is poor for such an expensive, dreary place to live

Practice what you preach guys. It's about time to wake up and smell your substandard coffee: Amazon is no longer a startup but a (tenuously profitable, true) multi billion dollar business thats been around for almost 20 years. Stop hiding behind cool slogans and 'leadership principles' that you don't represent and use as an excuse not to spend money. Grow up. If you can't spend because profits are so poor, then rethink your strategy.

It's a fast-paced, ever-changing, figure it out as you go along job

Current Employee - Trainer in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Trainer in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

4 day work weeks for most positions, clean and safe work environment, flexible work schedule, stock grants, health care benefits

Cons

Very boring, repetitive work for labor positions. Difficult to get promoted from hourly to management, poor communication, loud environment, no time to have any fun, good work gets unnoticed

Treat employees better. The company can afford higher pay. Let them know when they do a good job.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com