There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Overworked and not cared for

Former Employee - SDE2  in  Seattle, WA (US)
Former Employee - SDE2 in Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Career builder. You will be in the cutting edge of todays technology.

Cons

Overworked and you have no life while you work for Amazon. The rare cases of people staying with them for longer than 4 years are actually the ones that have learned how to work the internal system.

Empower the SDE-s. Don't look after M$ b/c you will end up like them.

3507 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

Former employee of amazon Hyderabad

Former Employee - Manager  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Former Employee - Manager in Hyderābād (India)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good culture was tranperent and people were humble and seen mentors encouraging their peers to grow along with them

Cons

couple of the management team members does not tolerate the peers to be more energetic and knowledgeable than them either they are tortured so they they leave the org .

How loyal you are to the org but to get back to Amazon is an Hilarious task as we have to please N number of people.

Pls do have the same culture as in US and maintain transparency in terms of employee engagement and the process/procedures do not limit them to the pals of the decision makers

Three years I'll never get back - and no I haven't been fired, I just wanna leave..

Current Employee - Not Worth the Risk Revealing What I Do, They'll BE After Me!  in  Dudelange (Luxembourg)
    Current Employee - Not Worth the Risk Revealing What I Do, They'll BE After Me! in Dudelange (Luxembourg)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Package WITH CAVEATS: The stock is pretty decent for the first couple of years, then it overperforms and you're like totally screwed ("it's not our fault we did so well" cry the fat cats)
    Some people are really decent and they try super hard.

Cons

The tech is substandard, I mean it's hard sometimes to just get the basics done without raising ticket after ticket
    The processes are ludicrous (and - worse - inefficient)
    Complete diregard for people's lives - work and social (most of us are pretty young, we need to live a little outside of work - I see little of the 'work hard' ethic)
    The salary is poor for such an expensive, dreary place to live

Practice what you preach guys. It's about time to wake up and smell your substandard coffee: Amazon is no longer a startup but a (tenuously profitable, true) multi billion dollar business thats been around for almost 20 years. Stop hiding behind cool slogans and 'leadership principles' that you don't represent and use as an excuse not to spend money. Grow up. If you can't spend because profits are so poor, then rethink your strategy.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!