Amazon.com
3.4 of 5 2,795 reviews
www.amazon.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

amazon is a horrible place to work

Picker (Former Employee)

I worked at Amazon.com part-time for less than a year

Prosthey are just good in price and they treat customer like angel but treat their employee like dirt

Consthis is place is too much pressure to work especially in pick department, they push you too hard to make atleast 100 items per hour and that is impossible to do specially in the pallet land.. they think that you are a robot can walk fast. and number 1 safety rule "no running" but workers are almost get to the point of running so that they can make the rate of 100% coz if you cannot make it they will fire you.. and you get only 15 minutes break, but you have to walk 3-5 minutes to breakroom, they just want you to go sit in the break room and go back your ass to work.. WORST COMPANY TO WORK EVER!!!! they are very bad about calling you over the phone for your termination because they are chicken to see you in person, and sometimes they let you come to work but dont tell you and your badge is not working so you will not get into the gate.

Advice to Senior Managementmanagement they need to listen to their employees and lower the minimum rate, before the workers end up hurting therselves just to make a rate.

Great place to work if you can embrace the culture and work with others.

Manager (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Some of the smartest and passionate people you will meet. When Amazon talks about putting the customer first, it is not just talk. The entire… Cons: Some of the Microsoft-esque HR policies are infuriating. Pay is highly dependent on job family, which is silly when they encourage individuals to… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of the job family guidelines for top performers. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Fast-paced, never a dull moment!

Senior Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee)
Spartanburg, SC (US)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros: fast-paced, competitive pay, great employees, fun co-workers Cons: lack of work/life balance, lack of communication from management Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amazon.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Amazon.com CEO Jeff Bezos. All reviews posted anonymously by Amazon.com employees.