There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Fast paced and exciting

Current Employee - Process Assistant in Plainfield, IN (US)
Current Employee - Process Assistant in Plainfield, IN (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay, excellent benefits, and opportunities to advance

Cons

Training minimal and the feedback system needs improvement

Put more effort into training your associates to be ready for the next level.

3726 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

Horrible place

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

big name on resume, you will learn to see the things end to end

Cons

Salary is less compared to other leaders in industry, absolutely no work life balance, no training, no personal development, no good leaders in upper management. The management can take time to complete its deliverables but SDEs do not get extension on deadlines. Too much politics in the organization. Amazon.com Shipping/Transportation dept is the worst department ever for SDEs. The SDMs look like kids from kindergarten with absolutely no people management skills.

I am sure amazon.com Stock is a big bubble which will burst very soon. Company has 30-40% growth in revenue but the profit is negative

What You'd Expect from #1

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Seattle, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-You're working at the #1 online retailer in the world, thus many of the projects you work on are truly meaningful and rewarding.
    -You're working with tons of other passionate, overachiever, type-A, business geniuses who genuinely care about the success of the company. Lots of employees are loyal Amazon customers and are working to ensure that the company continues to provide great selection, prices, and customer service. I learned so much from my colleagues, and they inspired me every day.
    -The new campus is a great working environment. There are tons of dining options nearby, in a variety of price ranges. Parking (if you can land a subsidized spot in a garage) is pretty affordable, dogs are allowed in the buildings, which makes for a relaxing midday break, lots of offices have views of the water, the Space Needle, or the mountains, and there's easy access to downtown, Capitol Hill, or Queen Anne.
    -Compensation is top-notch. You work hard, yes, but Amazon compensates handsomely in return for all that stress and 60-hour workweeks.

Cons

-Amazon can be a pressure-cooker sometimes. It's often extremely stressful, especially during Q4. Plan on having your work email and calendar on your smartphone, and plan on getting urgent emails from upper management in the evenings, weekends, during holidays, you name it. You're expected to be unofficially on-call 24 hours a day.
    -Advancement here is notoriously difficult, especially in the lower-level jobs. I've known dozens of employees who spent 5+ years in the same job, even with excellent reviews.

Overall I think Amazon is a fantastic place to work, especially for those hired on as mid-level or senior management. Keep it up!

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com