There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Former employee of amazon Hyderabad

Former Employee - Manager in Hyderābād (India)
Former Employee - Manager in Hyderābād (India)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good culture was tranperent and people were humble and seen mentors encouraging their peers to grow along with them

Cons

couple of the management team members does not tolerate the peers to be more energetic and knowledgeable than them either they are tortured so they they leave the org .

How loyal you are to the org but to get back to Amazon is an Hilarious task as we have to please N number of people.

Pls do have the same culture as in US and maintain transparency in terms of employee engagement and the process/procedures do not limit them to the pals of the decision makers

3666 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

Hard working, smart people, cool projects

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time

Pros

At Amazon you are surrounded by the most intelligent, creative, problem solving, hard working people from all over the globe. The people are truly amazing. The people are definitely why the company is so successful.

Cons

It feels like Amazon grew too fast, they have some archaic practices that make some day to day things unbearable. It also felt at times the culture was very fear based. I was told I was doing well, but it seemed clear that the consequences would be dire if anything went awry. I also have never worked so many hours in my life - I went into that job with my eyes open, but still was unprepared. I think that goes back to the fear based environment. It is a cool company, with crazy smart people I was glad to work next to, and I am glad they are in Seattle, employing so many people and contributing to a good local economy, but I was so happy to have my weekends AND nights back after leaving.

Three years I'll never get back - and no I haven't been fired, I just wanna leave..

Current Employee - Not Worth the Risk Revealing What I Do, They'll BE After Me! in Dudelange (Luxembourg)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Package WITH CAVEATS: The stock is pretty decent for the first couple of years, then it overperforms and you're like totally screwed ("it's not our fault we did so well" cry the fat cats)
    Some people are really decent and they try super hard.

Cons

The tech is substandard, I mean it's hard sometimes to just get the basics done without raising ticket after ticket
    The processes are ludicrous (and - worse - inefficient)
    Complete diregard for people's lives - work and social (most of us are pretty young, we need to live a little outside of work - I see little of the 'work hard' ethic)
    The salary is poor for such an expensive, dreary place to live

Practice what you preach guys. It's about time to wake up and smell your substandard coffee: Amazon is no longer a startup but a (tenuously profitable, true) multi billion dollar business thats been around for almost 20 years. Stop hiding behind cool slogans and 'leadership principles' that you don't represent and use as an excuse not to spend money. Grow up. If you can't spend because profits are so poor, then rethink your strategy.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com