Amazon.com

www.amazon.com

Long-time Amazonian

ProsThe people that you will meet and closely work with are some of the most well-balanced intelligent people around. Amazon has grown systems internally, and operates at such a large scale, that solutions that other companies would not think of are built at Amazon.

ConsWith the recent growth of employees, there has been a huge addition of upper management brought in from other companies to help manage the growth. However, this has resulted in a degradation of internal systems, product and team knowledge, and new managers that make poor decisions and focus on reporting instead of problem solving.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter manage growth and training. Better understand the systems and problems staff are dealing with. Rely more on bottoms up feedback. Ensure that the Amazon culture remains intact.

Good place to work and earn satisfaction

Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for less than a year

Pros: - No politics - Encourage new ways of solving problem - Never… Cons: - Can be draining your brain at times Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

great place to learn and innovate

Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) Chennai (India)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros: freedom and ownership given to individuals Cons: too much of work affects work life balance Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!