Amazon.com
3.4 of 5 2,796 reviews
www.amazon.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

You Are a Replacement Part

Software Development Engineer (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

ProsGet hands dirty on work millions use on daily bases. Unlike Microsoft, this company across the lake does ship code.

Cons1. Very twisted compensation package. You are evaluated based on salary+stock, which should be 'given' although not vested, but the management sees that as 'you are well compensated' and would give away next to nothing for the hard work next year.

2. Terrible on-call. It's really a nightmare. Work-life balance is as bad as the worst story your friend told you. IT'S ALL TRUE.

3. Very bad benefit package. But you knew it when you got the offer, so can't complain too much about it.

4. Middle management is not transparent at all. You see the tree but not the forest. Sometimes they'd lie about promotion/compensation to get you work extra on top of already overloaded work-life balance. But it could be just my case.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management has great vision and the direction is great.

Please treat your employees well. They are NOT replacement part. Being frugal is ridiculously emphasized. You can keeping hiring people with high turnover rate now, but this is not right. Bezos said 'kindness is a choice' during his Princeton speech, well, 'kindness' is definitely the choice Amazon chose to treat its employees.

Worst work life balance

Software Development Engineer (Current Employee)
Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good place to start your career right after college, Good… Cons: Too much politics, overwhelming work, no work life balance, extra burden of oncall which doesn't count into your weekly… Advice to Senior Management: Need to exercise better judgement while allocation projects and define precise deadline… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Very heavy workload without much reward (Fulfillment Center)

Production Assistant (Tier III) (Current Employee)
Breinigsville, PA (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros: challenging environment- good place to really grow as an employee great… Cons: changing and conflicting job expectations extremely heavy workloads low pay caps in… Advice to Senior Management: Provide more opportunities for the talented employees you have. Investing in the tier 3 employees that carry… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amazon.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Amazon.com CEO Jeff Bezos. All reviews posted anonymously by Amazon.com employees.