Amazon.com
3.4 of 5 2,795 reviews
www.amazon.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

Great place to work!

I have been working at Amazon.com

ProsSenior Management are always willing to listen to ideas. If it has any meat, you can approach senior leadership with a detailed analysis and it actually leads to actionable decisions.

ConsAlthough not prevalent, politics can play spoilsport and lead to redundancy. Lots of man hours wasted by competing departments producing the same stuff.

A good place to learn open source and linux

Software Development Engineer (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: You can learn many open source project and Linux on… Cons: As an engineer, responsibility is not communicated clearly from manager,… Advice to Senior Management: They don't listen to advice. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Loved the job until I was dismissed with no warning and no notice

Back Office Associate III (Former Employee)
Huntington, WV (US)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros: Pleasant environment. Often freebies, snacks, food... etc. They seem to care about… Cons: The pay isn't the greatest, but good for the area. They can fire… Advice to Senior Management: Don't let HR bully you management, stand up for your employees. How can you admit you don't believe there was any intentional wrong-doing, then fire… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amazon.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Amazon.com CEO Jeff Bezos. All reviews posted anonymously by Amazon.com employees.