Amazon.com

www.amazon.com
There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Trainer in Jeff, IN (US)
Current Employee - Trainer in Jeff, IN (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Company is growing like wildfire. And the really care about their employees

Cons

They dont promote management from with in on a regular basis. It is extremely hard to go from a tier 3 to an AM postion.

Start promoting more tier 3s to an AM.

4163 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

Hungry for Continuous Learning - Amazon is the place!

Current Employee - Senior Quality Assurance Engineer in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Quality Assurance Engineer in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is such a dynamic company, young at heart and believes only in people who can work hard and want to learn...We are given opportunities to work on various projects on different platforms and technologies...you will never get bored of your work!!!

Cons

If you aren't really someone who is looking to constant challenges at work and continual learning then you might get burnt out soon with the amount of work that comes your way!!!

Smoke and Mirrors

Former Employee - Premium Support Engineer (DSE) in Seattle, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Premium Support Engineer (DSE) in Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Free coffee, smart people and a 10% Amazon discount across the board. Macbook Pros are nice too.

Cons

Working at AWS in their "Support" department was a real let down for me. I went from owning projects and creating new systems to answering phone calls and chats explaining to moronic customers that they are wrong, how to fix it and then wait for them to fix it while having a read-only view into their environment. My job could be done just as easily without a real computer, I only need some device to stream details out of our many databases.

Indentured servitude. Seriously, soon as you join Amazon you're not allowed to leave for a year or you can owe them over $20,000 really quickly. Beware, only take this job if you want to answer chats and phone calls all day. For anyone who craves or needs hands on, this isn't for you. I'm leaving before I jump off the 27th floor of the building for having my soul sucked out of my chest, I'm eating the bill from Amazon and filing bankruptcy. Nothing else I can hope to do. My personal joy in life is worth more to me than the bragging rights of working at Amazon.

Lunch and food on site is overpriced, management usually hides in their office cubes with no interaction and the emphasis on "numbers" is there even though they claim it's not.

8 month experienced managers telling people things that are obviously wrong like "The CentOS project is the upstream for RHEL" is ridiculous. Why interview technically if no technical skill is required to do this job? Why not just hire Comcast Tech Support drop outs instead of wasting engineers in the work force?

Explain the job role properly to prospective engineers, you got me in on false pretenses. I want to walk into your office and scream "F* YOU", but I can't.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com