Amazon.com

www.amazon.com
  www.amazon.com
There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

I enjoy my job

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Chattanooga, TN (US)
Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Chattanooga, TN (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Amazon is always trying to improve the way they do things. As an employee, I like being made a part of some of these decisions. Amazon's healthcare benefits are amazing and I would be hard pressed to find another job with comparable coverage.

Cons

The hourly pay as a warehouse associate is mediocre at best. However, we enjoy monthly bonuses

3947 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

Amazon Fulfillment-- Cutthroat and soul crushing environment that looks like a ticking time bomb from within.

Former Employee - Finance Manager (Controller) in Coffeyville, KS (US)
    Former Employee - Finance Manager (Controller) in Coffeyville, KS (US)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Compensation is competitive-- as long as the stock price continues to climb. Turnover is high so there are plenty of opportunities for promotion. In the fulfillment centers Controllers work with a high degree of independence.

Cons

Turnover is high which hurts continuity and effectiveness. 60-70 hour work weeks are the norm rather than the exception. Management is often verbally abusive and behaves with a sense of entitlement. Financial consolidation and reporting is a nightmare as it's a patchwork of Excel workbooks tied together with buggy VBA code. Finance tools available at every other medium to large business are non-existent. SOX compliance terrified me given absence of tools to establish effective control of assets and inventory.

The number of employees willing and able to absorb the abuse required for being part of a startup is limited. The mantra in Seattle is that "it's still Day1" but the truth of the matter is that you are now a very large company and the pool of candidates will to absorb the abuse that comes with a startup has been exhausted. Now that the pool of potential employees includes a lot of people just looking to hold a job and grow a career (not looking for the giant payday associated with a start-up) the management approach needs to change. The extremely high turnover rate (25-30% within 12 months) should be a clear signal that your current culture limits your growth potential.

Online e commerce company cheating its hires

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

latest and cutting edge Technology.
    one of the best places to learn and grow.
    Open to people of various background, skills and trades.

Cons

I might be part of small percantage of hires but Amazon India, have a practice of making lateral hires by mis reporting the Titles, positions to candidates.

I have been confirmed for a title of SDE 2 and yet after a week of joining, it was told theres been a mistake and you have been hired for SDE 1.

To think about ecom business model which is based on customer trust.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com