There are newer employer reviews for American Airlines

Sr Consultant

I have been working at American Airlines full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good time to join as the company is poised to grow and get profitable. There could be expansions in many areas.

Cons

Still struggling, might take another before things settle down.

653 Other Employee Reviews for American Airlines (View Most Recent)

I saw the best of times and now the worst of times, since they filed for backruptcy. Overall, it was a wonderful, life.

Current Employee - International Purser Flight Attendant  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - International Purser Flight Attendant in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at American Airlines full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I traveled to parts of the world that I would have never seen had I not applied with American Airlines.
    I learned tolerance regarding cultural differences.

Cons

Once 911 occured, everything in the airline industry changed for the worst. There is a lot of management manipulation. All the airlines have filed for Bancruptcy. My pay has been reduced by
    50% since 2003.

Treat your front line employees like gold. Stop taking money from us and lining your own pockets with large bonuses every year. It's very insulting to us, and creates poor moral.

Working hard for many years...

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at American Airlines full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people, great managers at the airport and in the headquarters office. Flexible time off, some office managers can work from home occasionally, lots of vacation after 15 years.

Cons

Paid a LOT less than other in similar positions, up to 25% less. Executive management is somewhat out of touch with the customer experience as well as the employee experience. Lot of angry airport employees. Respect your employees' time off. You work all the time.

Put the employee satisfaction first and you will have happy customers and shareholders.

There are newer employer reviews for American Airlines

Worked for American Airlines? Contribute to the Community!