American Civil Liberties Union

www.aclu.org

Summer Legal Intern

Former Employee - Summer Legal Intern  in  Hartford, CT (US)
Former Employee - Summer Legal Intern in Hartford, CT (US)

Pros

Fulfilling work with great, talented people. For my position, the hours were flexible and the issues were important to me.

Cons

In my particular position, I worked from home, and I didn't get as much interaction with other people or clients as I would have liked.

Other reviews for American Civil Liberties Union

Law Clerk

Former Employee - Law Clerk
    Former Employee - Law Clerk

Pros

Working as a law clerk for the ACLU was an incredible experience. I learned more about the law, civil rights and civil liberties from working there than I did in law school.

Cons

Demanding amount of work especially if you are a current student. However, they were cooperative with any conflicting school schedules and especially understanding during final examinations.

Excellent opportunity to learn about current issues and practice key skills.

Pros

The staff is very helpful if you are inexperienced when you begin. The range of work is broad and interesting. Everyone is very professional but laid back enough that no one fears asking questions. The pay is very fair, especially when so many entry level positions are unpaid.

Cons

Work in this field is pretty limited so it is unlikely to lead directly to further job opportunities. But the skills are portable to any non-profit so it balances out.

There are newer employer reviews for American Civil Liberties Union.

Worked for American Civil Liberties Union? Contribute to the Community!