American Marketing and Publishing

www.ampcorporate.com
  www.ampcorporate.com
There are newer employer reviews for American Marketing and Publishing

Growing organzation with advancement opportunities!

Current Employee - Account Manager
Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at American Marketing and Publishing full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is a lot of opportunity for advancement based on top performance. Top comepnsation and benefit packages. Freindly and encourging support from all levels of the organzation.

Cons

The first two weeks in the field is the toughest. However, after the two weeks (learing period) everything runs smootly and your on track to success...

171 Other Employee Reviews for American Marketing and Publishing (View Most Recent)

Great company to start with

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  DeKalb, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL (US)

I worked at American Marketing and Publishing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Family like atmosphere
    Great benefits
    Active in the community

Cons

Sales reps are the only people who get bonuses (minus execs and upper management); no EOY bonuses for salaried employees.
    Compensation fits the community of the home office, not the size and reach of the company
    Some of the upper management (like 1 person) treat the company like a communist society; i.e. if you leave 1 minute before 5, you will get written up

Sales are important, but all of the sales in the world would mean nothing without your office staff. Pay them better.

The World at Your Fingertips

Current Employee - Territory Closer  in  Columbus, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Territory Closer in Columbus, OH (US)

Pros

I have been to places in the greater Columbus area I never would have seen if it hadnt been for AMP. Everyday is an opportunity to meet new people. Think connections will get you far in life? Ive made ALOT!

The pay is great, and theres always opportunity to win contests, and earn special incentives and bonuses.

The company sincerely cares about small business owners. I came in thinking Id be taught how to get the most money out of someone, but while were taught to upsell and crossell, its sincerely about the business owners success! Big difference from other companies Ive worked for.

Cons

I will have been with the company for a year next week. It has been an emotional roller coaster. Though, if youre in sales or considering a career in sales, this is NO news to you.

I go through alot of gas.... BUT the company gives you a car allowance that definitally helps! (If you have a small car it will cover it easily)

Out of about 20 people in my class about a year ago, there are only four or five of us left. Heres the thing... WE were the ones studying through training week and roll playing. Everyone else was having fun or hanging out it the hotel hot tub. Consiquently, our group is still friends and still here :)

Employees look up to the management. Seeing them sell encourouges everyone else too. You can never invest more time in training after classes are over. Refresh refresh refresh. Its SO easy to get off the system. Even easier to get back on with guidence! :) Great job team!

There are newer employer reviews for American Marketing and Publishing

Worked for American Marketing and Publishing? Contribute to the Community!