American Red Cross

www.redcross.org

Hearts are in the right place, but poorly managed.

ProsYou can really make a difference and everyone is very friendly. You'll find people who really care about making a difference in their community, and it's a good networking opportunity. You'll know your job makes a difference.

ConsThe Red Cross is bleeding money, and is attempting to fix the problem in all the wrong ways. They recently laid off all of their instructors so they could hire *some* of them back as part-time workers without benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to your employees. Figure out new ways of money management that don't involve axing your primary money makers. Don't overload people and wonder why things aren't getting done. Focus on your industry-service!

It has seen better days

Supervisor (Former Employee) Dedham, MA (US)

I worked at American Red Cross full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Company has been through its ups and downs throughout the years. Overall it was good to me and I received great training there when… Cons: Financial troubles have hit this organization big time with numerous layoffs over the past 2 years and more to come. The Dedham location is… Advice to Senior Management: Stop looking through rose colored glasses; listen to the people… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Employees treated very poorly

Collections Technician III (Current Employee) Saint Paul, MN (US)

I have been working at American Red Cross full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Collecting blood from donors is fun and fast paced. The work you do for… Cons: Pay, employee policies, management treats you as a worthless commodity. There is no work/life balance. Schedule is erratic, being scheduled late into the… Advice to Senior Management: Recognize employee moral is at rock bottom lows. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on American Red Cross.

Worked for American Red Cross? Contribute to the Community!