There are newer employer reviews for AmerisourceBergen

Now We are Facing Pay Cuts!

Current Employee - Project Management in Charlotte, NC (US)
Current Employee - Project Management in Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Parking lot lighting is adequate.

Cons

We are now facing pay cuts. AmerisourceBergen spent the good part of 2011 and 2012 buying companies from all over the United States and spending a lot of money doing it. Now, to refill the company's coffers they are cutting our salaries. Meanwhile we at Lash Group made 22% more money last year. AmerisourceBergen is handing the money over to Wall Street. buying back billions of its own stocks to raise share prices. These executives get paid in stocks so they have an incentive to do this while taking the money out of our paychecks. Overall we now face a 13% pay cut since this company is increasing the costs of our benefits. Decent companies do not do that especially when they are making billions in profits. But here, they don't even clean the bathrooms and we have flies in the break rooms hovering by the soft drink machines. This is not an employer of choice.

Advice to Management

We have no reason to work harder to make these executives wealthier! We can do these jobs for any call center, any hospital, any med fac in Charlotte. We are slowing down our production and there is nothing you can do about it. Many more are quitting. If you appreciate Wall Street so much, then have them come in and do our jobs. Increasing the costs of our benefits and giving us FAKE pay raises by reducing our punishment bonus and increasing our base salary is an insult. You can't take $1 from the left hand and give it to the right hand and call it found money and tell us to be happy. Your lies have gone far enough! From the looks of it, we will not see a pay increase for 18 months. We have no reason to work here.

reviews filtered by

A/P Clerk

Former Contractor - A/P Clerk
    Former Contractor - A/P Clerk

I worked at AmerisourceBergen as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits
    I no longer work there

Cons

DO NOT ENTER! Stay away! People are dropping like flies, and rightfully so. No opportunity for advancement, low wages, slave labour, long hours, snappy manager, no feedback, piles of work, no real education required, no real skills necessary. Manager will yell at employees in front of other colleagues. Cliques, reminiscent of high school drama. No breaks, short lunch break, work, work, work. Not fast enough? YOU ARE THE WEAKEST LINK, GOOD BYE!

Advice to Management

Pull employees aside to yell at them. Provide feedback when necessary. Don't be so snappy with employees, especially in front of others (Midol).
    Supervisors and Managers should be honest with employees. Caught both withholding the truth, only to find out the truth later.
    Do not tell potential employees that there is a low turnover rate when the turnover rate is crazy high.
    Communication, communication, communication.

Program Rep

Current Employee - Program Representative in Rockville, MD (US)
    Current Employee - Program Representative in Rockville, MD (US)

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a good company to work for

Cons

The compensation isnt the best

Advice to Management

To keep your employees in mind and pay them accordingly