There are newer employer reviews for AppFolio

People and culture are great, but pay is on the short end.

I have been working at AppFolio full-time

Pros

Company, products, management, culture, and people are great. The people are some of the best I have worked with. The productivity and brain power of their employees is amazing. What the company lacks in pay, it tries to make up for in other ways with fun events, free shirts, feeding you at times and similar such things, which is great but those are the things you need to do if you want to attract and retain great talent.

Cons

Much like a lot of tech companies in the Santa Barbara area, they like to under pay employees. Right now, no bonus program. Raises are anemic. Company holidays are slim. Paid Time Off is average to start, increases to it are non-existant until many years later. The number of stock options they grant are okay. Upward mobility is slim.

Your employees are top-notch. To keep top-notch, high performing employees you need to not only do all the things you are doing well but you also need to pay them a fair wage representative of, performance, the cost of living in the area and the industry. AppFolio is great but there is an under-swell of discontent with pay.

34 Other Employee Reviews for AppFolio (View Most Recent)

Great Company, Great People

I have been working at AppFolio full-time

Pros

Great company culture. I enjoy going to work everyday. Management has open communication to keep you aware of what direction the company is going in.

Cons

I cannot think of any negatives at this time

As you grow make sure to really focus on keeping the same company culture. Don't lose that!

I Feel Very Lucky To Be Part Of This Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA (US)

I have been working at AppFolio full-time

Pros

-Smart, fun, and well-rounded colleagues - the company does a great job hiring good people
    -Company puts employees as a top priority - I've never worked at a company that treated their employees so well
    -Friendly, smart and accessible Executives
    -Great products - it's easy to sell/market/support products that you believe in
    -Customer Service is top priority - our customers LOVE us
    -Competitive salary
    -Breakfast/snacks provided

Cons

There are no cons working for AppFolio.

Only star deduction is 401K match.

There are newer employer reviews for AppFolio