Apple

www.apple.com
  www.apple.com
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Amazing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in State College, PA (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in State College, PA (US)

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Best Ever in the world.

Cons

Best! Crazy good in every way

Great job. Keep it up.

4085 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

A retail opportunity unlike any other

Current Employee - Specialist
    Current Employee - Specialist

I have been working at Apple

Pros

There are some real opportunities for rapid growth at Apple. There really is. That makes this job, in my opinion, the best retail experience you can have. I came into Apple without ANY retail experience and I'm now confident enough with it that I really could take on any kind of retail sales experience. If you enjoy staying busy, being surrounded with questions coming from many different ways and being part of a company that has arguably the most in-demand technology in the world, Apple is an amazing place to work. With that said, it's a tough place to leave because people end up getting so emotionally connected to the benefits of working for such a profitable, growing and family-oriented company. I love every minute of it.

Cons

Because Apple products are always incredibly innovative and well designed, there is an incredible demand for them. The retail stores are essentially the "face of Apple" therefore they are thee only places many people know to get their Apple products. What this means with a job at Apple is that you will ALWAYS be busy, you will ALWAYS be pressed to work more hours and you will find it VERy difficult to get time off. For instance, I once requested the week BEFORE Thanksgiving off 5 MONTHS in advance, and wasn't approved for it. It's tough but logical. Apple has tried to accomodate by hiring more staff but unfortunately Apple cannot seem to hire enough people as the demand just continues to grows at an unbelievable pace.

Apple retail management does an incredible job of offering what they call "Fearless Feedback" to employees. They also give many opportunities for growth and training internally. There is always more than enough time for both of those items. Like I said before though, the stores stay incredibly busy and it's not going to stop. There needs to be at least 15-20 more people hired per store so that we can stay ahead of the curve and so that we can take care of all customers that need assistance. The real part of Apple retail is customer experience, no sales. It's having your customers leave impressed, all of their questions answered and excited to come back in the future knowing that they'd get the same experience. Recently I've seen a huge decrease in this because there is simply is not enough staff to take care of everyone that needs help. The on again and off again rushes and demand that retail stores see needs to be modified and made consistant with Apples true vision: something that "Just Works". The retail stores work to an extent but the end-to-end customer experience is dwindling fast.

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Specialist
    Former Employee - Specialist

I worked at Apple

Pros

The company as a whole focuses on the needs of the customer better than any other retail company. The products are solid products and work well. Apple acknowledges that their products are more expensive than the base products from other companies, but the performance from Apple's products are exceptionally better. They provide extensive training in their hardware and software products.

Cons

Even though they pay a very competitive salary, it starts as a part time position. You really have to be a very outgoing person and produce great "numbers" in order to move into full time positions. They also have a strict attendance policy, and it is not clear as to what exactly leads to termination. I understand that people need to show up to work on time, but make it clear what exactly leads to termination.

HR needs to have a representative in store, and not just in the headquarters. There need to be more opportunities to grow and to learn how to satisfy customer's needs.

There are newer employer reviews for Apple