Apple

www.apple.com
  www.apple.com
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Best Employer I've Had So Far.

Current Employee - Specialist in Charlotte, NC (US)
Current Employee - Specialist in Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at Apple part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great training, excellent benefits, fun environment, interesting coworkers

Cons

Poor communication, and training is impossible off-the-clock, unclear pathway to advancement or moving from Retail to Corporate.

3986 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

Friendly and modern environment

Former Employee - Demand Forecasting in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Demand Forecasting in London, England (UK)

I worked at Apple full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Apple is filled with people who strive to succeed and people that are always there to help. The office is extremely modern with an iPad controlled coffee machine. The discounts on the Apple products and benefits are extremely good.

Cons

Progression within Apple is almost impossible. No matter how much time and effort you put into your work and how talented you are its almost impossible to climb up the ladder in Apple. Numerous people have left for this reason. You have to sign a 3 month termination contract so if you are looking for a job whilst at Apple you will most probably have to give in your resignation before you can start looking for a job unless the company hiring you is willing to wait 3 months!

Apple in London have almost no options for personal development. I was given numerous projects to manage but was unable to find a project management course available to me. With project management a leadership program would have been great as I would be in charge of leading teams however only managers and senior managers were invited to attend this program that runs once in a couple of years.

The pros and cons of Apple retail

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Surrounded by some of the most overqualified and fun people from very diverse backgrounds. Your team truly is your family away from home.

Cons

Ability to move up or to receive help from management to grow with the company is sorely lacking.

Better compensation for the level of education and qualifications each individual brings to the Apple experience.

There are newer employer reviews for Apple