There are newer employer reviews for AroundCampus

I enjoyed my summer working there because I loved the people, but I don't think I walked away with good experience

Former Employee - Customer Relations Service Intern  in  Chapel Hill, NC (US)
Former Employee - Customer Relations Service Intern in Chapel Hill, NC (US)

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great customer service experience
Gain an understanding of sales without having to do it yourself
Great people to work with
Learn a lot about time management and multitasking

Cons

Low pay
Frustrating because others may put in less effort and receive the same rewards
Not a very difficult or challenging internship

Hire less interns and pay more... they will get the work done. There is a lack of motivation to do the various tasks with the amount of effort desired by management

201 Other Employee Reviews for AroundCampus (View Most Recent)

Not what I was promised at the interview.

Former Employee - Independent Sales Contractor
    Former Employee - Independent Sales Contractor

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I met some very nice students and worked with an amazing team. Really liked the training we got before the sales internship started.

Cons

My manager did not know much about my territory. I was in a "dangerous" environment, walking around and trying to sell. The territories were supposed to be divided evenly so everyone had a fair share, but they were not. It was extremely hot, we had no central location to meet and got parking tickets because we were downtown, very little assistance or aid after we started. I was never told we would be doing cold calls.....

Definitely spend more time looking into the territories you are sending students out to. The pay is not enough for the time and dedication this job takes on a daily basis. Maybe have a regional manager work with students during the first week, or someone who has done the internship before and was successful. Try to keep moral up. The hardest part was making it through the hot summer days dealing with rude customers.

Unbelievable Opportunity

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern for less than a year

Pros

You learn a lifetime of relationship building and sales skills.
    If you work hard and do well, you WILL be recruited by great companies for full time jobs.
    The training program is a blast.

Cons

It is a B2B sales internship. Since you are speaking with and presenting to business owners and marketing directors, it can be very difficult. You have to follow up with your prospects on a daily basis if you want to be successful. Long hours and although you make money every week, you don't get commission until after the internship.

N/A

There are newer employer reviews for AroundCampus

Worked for AroundCampus? Contribute to the Community!