AutoNation
jobs.autonation.com Fort Lauderdale, FL 5000+ Employees

It's not what you know as much as it is WHO you know.

General Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at AutoNation full-time for more than 10 years

ProsProgressive, economies of scale, training resources for almost all positions within store.

ConsHuman Resources horrible (at least in Texas). Market management more interested in coasting then developing. Direct lies to store executive management as well as misrepresentation to Regional and Corporate management on stores’ personnel. Keep your head on a swivel if you join this group.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company install tools/software/reports in each store to assist various levels of store management to make decisions based on facts rather then emotions (short of the Maroone speech of "...each store (GM) should posses entrepreneurial spirit to lead...). The market, region and corporate office themselves should review those same tools prior to making decisions on store movement and or removal.

AutoNation Dealerships. Most admired? Depends entirely on who gets to vote.

Service Manager (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at AutoNation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: People who are patient enough to get past a rather lengthy pre hire screening are likely to be hired. If you are a commissioned employee… Cons: I was employed at 3 different dealerships owned by AutoNation group as a service manager and service advisor. AN entered the Dallas market opening the… Advice to Senior Management: AN is an organization top heavy in process but low in compliance from store to store. AN pushes process relentlessly and then one day simply… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Low Pay, bad training, long hours

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at AutoNation full-time for less than a year

Pros: Most people I work around are good people Cons: Your commission salary is based on customer surveys. The survey itself is confusing. You get marked off for things you can't control. … Advice to Senior Management: Change the survey and make it simple. Stop punishing SA's for things they can't control (like what's in the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on AutoNation.

Worked for AutoNation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AutoNation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AutoNation CEO Mike Jackson. All reviews posted anonymously by AutoNation employees.