Autoliv
www.autoliv.com Stockholm, Sweden 5000+ Employees

Best place I ever worked

Quality Engineer (Current Employee)
Columbia City, IN (US)

I have been working at Autoliv

ProsIt was almost effortless to make a difference.
So easy to make improvements.
Best, well trained, good natured hourly workforce I've ever encountered.
Great systems! This made being a quality engineer easy in comparison to other places.
Support from plant manager and other to "fix" problems and make them go away. Corrective actions were the plants highest priority and got fixed in days, not weeks or months.

ConsCulture among some management of the "cool" club.
Quality manager thought he was great, but really was the "weakest link" in the management team.
This plant closed in 2009 due to difficult times in automotive due to recession.

Advice to Senior ManagementSteering wheel business is now in the war zone of Reynosa, Mexico over Autoliv- Columbia City and Autoliv- Queretaro, Mexico which have both closed or are closing. This move to Reynosa looks good on paper, but seems so non-representative of Autoliv's core values of concern for their employees. I have heard stories of fear for life of engineers and unqualified staff at border plant.

If there is a college grad out there looking for a manufacturing engineering position here forget it.

Manufacturing Engineer (Intern) (Current Employee)

I have been working at Autoliv

Pros: Very efficient manufacturing system, mimics toyota's system. Management rarely interferes with your… Cons: The plant I work at has not hired an engineer in 10 years,… Advice to Senior Management: Now would be a good time to open some engineering positions for recent graduates. In 5 to 10 years 70% of your… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Nice think about nothing Job:)

Production Associate (Former Employee)
Brigham City, UT (US)

I worked at Autoliv

Pros: When you have no where else to work and are ineed of cash flow,… Cons: Most of the work at Autoliv was shift work, and repetive manual labor,… Advice to Senior Management: Just because times are tuff, letting people go should not be the solution, don't… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Autoliv.

Worked for Autoliv? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Autoliv reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Autoliv CEO Jan Carlson. All reviews posted anonymously by Autoliv employees.