Nice place to eat lunch but glad I don't work there anymore

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  Southborough, MA (US)
Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Southborough, MA (US)

I worked at Autonomy

Pros

The cafe is pretty good. free coffee & snacks. Would provide good material for a horrible office sit-com or blog. Free lunch on Friday. You'll learn how a company should not be run.

Cons

It's all been said. I would have been happier cleaning up after dogs than working for these Stepford Execs. If you have one shred of respect for yourself and self worth avoid this place.

no need to, they are PHDs and know it all. maybe it is the English way.

Other Reviews for Autonomy

They will try to never give you what you deserve

Current Employee - The Worst Policies You Will Ever See In Any Company - Bar None  in  Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - The Worst Policies You Will Ever See In Any Company - Bar None in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

Friday lunches, coffee, good friends, bus pass, local managers are OK

Cons

Where do I begin: No support for personal progress - I have seen my friends ask for training and get rejected every time. You will never get a rupee spent for training or professional development. There is no training budger for India is all they were told. Bonus policies: they are the worst. You spend an year working way above what was expected and you get a paltry bonus. Then you are expected to stay for 8 months in the company after getting the bonus in order to retain the bonus! yes, you heard me right. There is a month lock in period after you get your bonus for working the next year and then 2 months of notice period to leave. HR/Finance policies are the same: You work from Jan-dec of 2011 and you get your promised bonus (part of your CTC) in the first week or april 2012. Then you need to stay for 8 months to retain the bonus.. so you stay for an year more working with no bonus! How is that for a kicker? I am told that it is even worse for managers and directors. Give it months, this place is a sinking ship and people are jumping ship like rats! This year, there are no raises (just like the last several years). So, enjoy your perpetually decreasing quality of life. I am getting out on April 1.

Give flexibility to the local leadership to take decisions. Reward engineering based on what they deserve for their hard work.

Desperate for a job? You'd better be...

I worked at Autonomy

Pros

Free lunch on Fridays
    Some good colleagues "on the shop floor"

Cons

Lack of trust throughout the organisation.
    Micromanagement is rife
    Morale is non-existant
    Every project is custom

There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy.

Worked for Autonomy? Contribute to the Community!