Autonomy

www.autonomy.com
  www.autonomy.com
There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy

Great place to start a career. Small Teams - Big Tech.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL (US)
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Autonomy full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Excellent middle management. I worked in a small team, with a very bright manager who possessed an excellent confluence of traits. He was friendly, patient, and a great teacher - always available if I had a question or got stuck on something. Furthermore, he started me off with excellent assignments that got me diving into the code base and getting things done right away. In the long term, there were going to be some bigger architectural redesigns that were going to be a lot of fun to work on.

- Free soda / coffee / tea / etc all the time, and good free food on Fridays.

- Work/life balance was exceptional. No one was in competition to stay the latest. I kept very reasonable hours.

- Business was growing. Lots of opportunity to advance at the company in the long term, and its nice being at a company with plenty of cash flow.

- I only left to go back to graduate school for my PhD. Otherwise, I would have been happy there for the foreseeable future.

Cons

-The office space is a bit old fashioned (lots of cubicles), but at least the views are nice in the breakroom etc.

- Also, its worth pointing out that the company has changed hands several times in the past few years. Many of the bad reviews on this site I don't think are accurate. The environment at autonomy changed significantly in early 2012, after being purchased by HP. I wouldn't give much weight to reviews before early/mid 2012.

326 Other Employee Reviews for Autonomy (View Most Recent)

What you once were isn't what you want to be any more...

Former Employee - Technical Specialist in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Technical Specialist in London, England (UK)

I worked at Autonomy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I suppose there are career opportunities at HP if that sort of thing attracts you. Beyond that there's little reason talent would come here anymore. No upside, not part of a growth culture, more changes no doubt yet to come so not sure what horse you'll be riding. Some of the remaining people are great, but sure to leave.

Cons

Ch-ch-changes. It's not the changes per se, but the reality that this is no longer a high-growth, high energy software company. With some luck (mostly) it will become something in HP. More likely it continues to whither, and make no mistake about it that has been happening. It could have been a contender...

It's a ship without a captain. No one has a clue what the direction is, and no one cares. People will jump ship with that plunging HP share price.

Great people but poor benefits

Former Employee - Technical Specialist in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Technical Specialist in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Autonomy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

the people and culture are great

Cons

rewards and lack of performance reviews

performance reviews