There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy

Account Executive

Former Employee - Enterprise Account Executive  in  Chicago, IL (US)
Former Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Autonomy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Broad product offering, good technology mix

Cons

Horrible culture, run through fear and intimidation.

Be more positive, use the carrot more then the stick

326 Other Employee Reviews for Autonomy (View Most Recent)

Great place to start a career. Small Teams - Big Tech.

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Autonomy full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Excellent middle management. I worked in a small team, with a very bright manager who possessed an excellent confluence of traits. He was friendly, patient, and a great teacher - always available if I had a question or got stuck on something. Furthermore, he started me off with excellent assignments that got me diving into the code base and getting things done right away. In the long term, there were going to be some bigger architectural redesigns that were going to be a lot of fun to work on.

- Free soda / coffee / tea / etc all the time, and good free food on Fridays.

- Work/life balance was exceptional. No one was in competition to stay the latest. I kept very reasonable hours.

- Business was growing. Lots of opportunity to advance at the company in the long term, and its nice being at a company with plenty of cash flow.

- I only left to go back to graduate school for my PhD. Otherwise, I would have been happy there for the foreseeable future.

Cons

-The office space is a bit old fashioned (lots of cubicles), but at least the views are nice in the breakroom etc.

- Also, its worth pointing out that the company has changed hands several times in the past few years. Many of the bad reviews on this site I don't think are accurate. The environment at autonomy changed significantly in early 2012, after being purchased by HP. I wouldn't give much weight to reviews before early/mid 2012.

Disjointed Structure, Poor Incentives, Detached Management, No Culture

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Autonomy full-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits are great. The work can be interesting. Opportunities to travel and diversify work on occasion.

Cons

Disjointed Structure, Poor Incentives, Detached Management, No Culture. Management shows, at best, a tolerance for employees. Desire to increase sales no matter how unreasonable the client's demands.

Reward people, communicate, and listen. Don't hide in your office or behind your computer. Give employees incentives to increase revenue and stop micromanaging.

There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy

Worked for Autonomy? Contribute to the Community!