There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy

Only if you aspire to be a gladiator

Former Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA (US)
Former Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Autonomy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good product strategy. If you can sell in this environment, you can make as much money as anyone in the software sales game.

Cons

Abusive management relationship to sales force. Completely obscure pricing policies. "Smash and grab" sales culture. Close the deal at all costs, with no future commitment to customer success or satisfaction.

Get your personal affairs in order before reporting to the penitentiary to begin serving your sentence.

328 Other Employee Reviews for Autonomy (View Most Recent)

Account Executive

Former Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Autonomy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Broad product offering, good technology mix

Cons

Horrible culture, run through fear and intimidation.

Be more positive, use the carrot more then the stick

Great place to start a career. Small Teams - Big Tech.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Autonomy full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Excellent middle management. I worked in a small team, with a very bright manager who possessed an excellent confluence of traits. He was friendly, patient, and a great teacher - always available if I had a question or got stuck on something. Furthermore, he started me off with excellent assignments that got me diving into the code base and getting things done right away. In the long term, there were going to be some bigger architectural redesigns that were going to be a lot of fun to work on.

- Free soda / coffee / tea / etc all the time, and good free food on Fridays.

- Work/life balance was exceptional. No one was in competition to stay the latest. I kept very reasonable hours.

- Business was growing. Lots of opportunity to advance at the company in the long term, and its nice being at a company with plenty of cash flow.

- I only left to go back to graduate school for my PhD. Otherwise, I would have been happy there for the foreseeable future.

Cons

-The office space is a bit old fashioned (lots of cubicles), but at least the views are nice in the breakroom etc.

- Also, its worth pointing out that the company has changed hands several times in the past few years. Many of the bad reviews on this site I don't think are accurate. The environment at autonomy changed significantly in early 2012, after being purchased by HP. I wouldn't give much weight to reviews before early/mid 2012.

There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy