Autonomy

www.autonomy.com
  www.autonomy.com
There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy

Great place to work - if that's all you are concerned about

Current Employee - Hosting Technical Team Leader in Boston, MA (US)
Current Employee - Hosting Technical Team Leader in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

You work with really smart people on projects that have direct and visible impact on really well known companies and governments.

Cons

It is growing so fast that its not as easy to move around the company like you used to be able to do. Career advancement is slower too.

Improve the communication between telecommuters and their managers. Open new offices where demand is growing. Relax some cost controls particularly for consumables.

326 Other Employee Reviews for Autonomy (View Most Recent)

Not a good place to work

Former Employee - Software Developer in Boston, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Boston, MA (US)

I worked at Autonomy

Pros

The offices at Autonomy are nice. All of the offices across the company are very nice. Most of the people that you interacted with on a day-to-day basis were very talented, dedicated, intelligent and worked very hard.

Cons

The company operates under a fear-and-intimidation style of upper management. They want to make it certain, from the first day on the job, that you know you are dissposable. The most disfunctional company culture I've ever seen.

I honeslty don't think Upper Management would ever take advice from its employees. But, fear-and-intimidation management styles only get short-term results. I would put more effort into enabling talented employees to do their job and less effort into thinking up ways to squeeze more productivity out of them through threatining their job.

I am not American, but if I reveal my location, it is easy to find out who I am. That will be very dangerous for losing

Current Employee - Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

The products are great to sell, great customer names, good marketing support, payment isn't bad.

Cons

At Autonomy the employees are not trusted in advance. I will never recommend Autonomy to people who are looking for a job. My direct manager will be passed time after time and Cambridge wants to be in tight control over all employees and activities. The result of the way how Autonomy is being managed is that many people are leaving and the ones who stay are trying to be 'of the radar'. For us as sales reps does it mean that the sales support is very poor. In the SMS calls on Mondays all the people involved are shouting about things they do not understand. Another ridiculous new rule is that sales reps will be fined for $5000 if they do not meet the minimum number of meetings and proposals!

Trust your people, treat them in a fair way. Let the managers manage their own people. Stop the insane SMS calls. Approach your employees in a positive way. I am confident that this will increase the revenue!

There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy