Autonomy

www.autonomy.com

Exspendiable! Churn and Burn

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA (US)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Pros

Free Coffee
Every other Friday is a free breakfast and Lunch. Free use of the microwave. Casual dress code for San Jose

Cons

Expectaions are to work you like dogs and in turn you get burned out and leave. Very high turn over.
They hire straight out of college so they pay low and expect un realisitic goals to achieve.

Look in the mirror and ask if you would want your son or daughter to work here.
Everything is about making money. No passion on what would make employess happy and perfom better.

Other reviews for Autonomy

Case study on how not to treat employees and customers

Pros

Nice office space and free lunch on Fridays but thats about it-
    Good people below the top management level

Cons

Everyone is expendable and no trust is exhibited
    Work you like a dog
    slow to pay commissions for sales people
    customer satisfaction is non-existent aside from a few
    house of cards that will come down

Let some executives that know how to manage and motivate people by treating them with respect run the company and the stock price will soar-
    Treat your customers better and focus on making them successful rather than focusing on an "all in" and walking away-

Autonomy does not attract successful sales reps, only desperate people or unfortunate acquisition personnel

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

Pros

That headline is not meant to offend anyone who is in need of a job, it is meant as a warning for those who are under the guise that Autonomy is a good place to work. If you have been successful in the past, you are not reading this anyway as this company should not come up on your radar. If you are looking and do not know anything about Autonomy or if you have been recently acquired by Autonomy, consider this your fair warning.

My company was acquired by Autonomy so that is how I ended up here. I was one of the few who were relatively successful sales reps, primarily because I had a book of business to bring along when we were acquired. Because I had the trust of my customers, prior to the acquisition, they continued to move forward with me in sales cycles. If fact, ONLY because I was able to forge a solid trusting relationship, was I able to continue to sell to my prospects. Since there are no territories and you are selling competing product lines internally at Autonomy, I was forced off of several opportunities because management felt that another product was a better fit. In essence, I had to hand over the business I had just won on a verbal commitment weeks earlier, to my previous competitor (who now is an associate), who had lost the business weeks before. But the customer said they would only do business with me, as I was the associate they trusted. Management still made the customer move forward with the product line I was not managing and made me split the deal 50/50 with another rep, who did nothing and actually lost this same business earlier. This happened to me 3 times within 2 months. Confusing? Well, that one word sums up this whole company.

Cons

If you are interviewing, please read every sales rep review on this site. Collectively you should be able to determine this will be a black hole on your resume. You are REQUIRED to present a scripted pitch, which you are allowed very little latitude and then present a demo whether it is necessary or not. The level of arrogance as to what they think is a successful sales cycle is outrageous. You are given a window on Monday afternoons where the Executive team will call you (The dreaded SMS call I am sure you read about) to discuss your top 3 deals. I had waited as long a 3 hours one afternoon for them to call me (they give you a 30 minute window). These calls provide no added value. In fact, the calls always run behind and preclude you from actually partaking in productive sales efforts. If you are in a client meeting, they expect you to excuse yourself in order to take the call, as they are on a “strict timeline”.

From a sales perspective, this position is a late night info-mercial. If you interview and take this job, you are the equivalent of a 300lb, acne riddled, balding person who has a closet filled with dusty 8 minute abs videos, empty Propecia and Proactive containers. Autonomy is all hype and no content. You will recognize this on day ONE of training and kick yourself.

Management, you should consider advertising your software and services on TV at 4 AM where the rest of America’s quality products are sold.

There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy.

Worked for Autonomy? Contribute to the Community!