Autonomy

www.autonomy.com
  www.autonomy.com
There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy

Everything you read is true.

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA (US)
Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

If you get lucky and land a monster deal, you can make a ton of money.

Cons

No tech resources. No training. No leads. Unhappy customers due to lack of support.

Invest in sales reps. Avoid high turnover. Respect reps.

326 Other Employee Reviews for Autonomy (View Most Recent)

A miserable existence and sketchy management

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

Great opportunity to gain experience. After working here, any other job will seem like a cake-walk. An amazing place to work for the soul-less sycophant or if you have great salesmanship skill and want to make a ton of money.

Cons

No feedback on your work or abilities, unless of course you really screw up- then you are essentially annihilated with verbal abuse and destructive criticism. Marketing exceeds capabilities. AE's not always paid full commission despite doing the job required.

Treat employees with respect. The paranoia of senior management and poor treatment of account executives is amazing- tell us how to succeed at Autonomy rather than how to fail, and you might see more success.

There is no hand-holding.

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

The matrix structure means nobody has full control or knowledge of my day-to-day activities. There is freedom as far as what hours I work and what projects I spend my time on. In general, there is not a lot of structure and very little guidance is provided. It's expected that you will figure out what works and get it done. Lots of fun if you enjoy the challenge of being thrown into a tough situation with no idea what you're doing. Difficult problems, smart people, a constant learning experience.

Cons

There is definitely a slave driver mentality with little concern for employees' overall well-being. This results in high turnover as people get burned out. All of the negative comments about the company are based in fact. But most of these conditions can also be positive if you happen to have the attitude and mindset required to fit in.

Make more of an effort to keep people around. There is a huge loss in efficiency every time we lose someone with irreplaceable knowledge, and this happens far too often.

There are newer employer reviews for Autonomy