Auxilium Pharmaceuticals

www.auxilium.com

Wrong People, Wrong Emphasis for Success in the Pharmaceutical Development Business"

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Malvern, PA (US)

ProsFor the moment, Auxilium Pharmaceuticals is still a small company in terms of interaction with managment, level of personal responsibility , empowerment and challenge in the job and (to a more limited extent), flexibility in working practices. The level of kindness and respectful behavior is unprecedentedly high in my work experience. Daily free lunch and company-sponsored fitness center membership (occasionally at odds with each other :o)!) are nice perquisites.

ConsThe emphasis on getting things done not just quickly, but in a ridiculously expedited fashion leads to mistakes, frequently serious, and an overall lack of quality in the end products. This has resulted in part from too much investment in Project Management and Sales (at the expense of investment in projects to manage and sell!), in part from "holdover nepotism" on the part of the company's founder, which placed inexperienced and/or unqualified people in key management roles, and in part from woeful ignorance on the part of past and present management regarding the whole process of drug development.

Advice to Senior ManagementSuccess in this business these days requires a vision beyond the present development candidate. Adding indications, regardless of market size, will not support growth; patents DO expire eventually! Slow down and do things right from the beginning.

Great company to work for!

Medical Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Malvern, PA (US)

I have been working at Auxilium Pharmaceuticals

Pros: The management is great. They say you don't quit your job, you quit your boss. My manager is an excellent person who I not only… Cons: The 401k plan is not very good. They don't match much of what you decide to invest. The entire work day is spent traveling in… Advice to Senior Management: Communication is key. Since you don't live near your manager, and you don't work in an office, effecient communication is only done via electronic means.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

upper management

I have been working at Auxilium Pharmaceuticals

Pros: The company has its pros. Good job. Safe work environment. People that… Cons: Not too sure of the plans of upper management. Management… More

There are newer reviews on Auxilium Pharmaceuticals.

Worked for Auxilium Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!