BB&T

www.bbt.com
  www.bbt.com
There are newer employer reviews for BB&T

Excellent benefits, horrible work ethics.

Former Employee - Certified Vault Teller in Charles Town, WV (US)
Former Employee - Certified Vault Teller in Charles Town, WV (US)

I worked at BB&T full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Incredibly rewarding benefits package which emphasizes and rewards optimum health for all employees. They actually paid me extra to maintain good health.

Cons

This company seems to not care much how an employee performs but caters to those who have been there for a long time period and can make it unfair for newer employees. I earned countless rewards for superior performance but was still treated like a piece of dirt. This company says they are "for employees" but they're not, at least in terms of work environment! I could sometimes be scheduled one day to open @6:45 am and work til 1pm yet the next day not come in til 1 or 2 pm and work until 6:30 pm. Schedule sucked and I almost always worked 6 days/week.

Take a closer look at how each days runs at a branch. Open your eyes to the reality of day to day life for your employees. Reports can only reveal so much!!

548 Other Employee Reviews for BB&T (View Most Recent)

Investment Counselor/Advisor - Bank Channel

Former Employee - Investment Counselor in Virginia Beach, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Investment Counselor in Virginia Beach, VA (US)

I worked at BB&T full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great team approach and good automated back office systems made servicing multiple branches very manageable . Very customer-centric culture... Perfect Client Experience mantra is a winner!

Cons

Old School Sales Management... hit your quota or be replaced... churn and burn, baby! Compensation plan for commissions could be more generous.

What costs more, continuous high turnover or mentoring good people who have the desire and are willing to invest the effort to constantly improve until they consistently meet some arbitrary sales quota?

Female-Dominated Workplace Where The Abuse Goes To The Top

Former Employee - Collections Representative I in Lumberton, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Collections Representative I in Lumberton, NC (US)

I worked at BB&T full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The starting salary was fair.
    Employees are pretty sedentary, not a lot of moving is required -- if that is a pro.

Cons

I worked in Collections. With over 300 employees in my location -- and most of them female, workplace bullying was a HUGE issue and management did not care. BB&T does NOT respect diversity. Comments were constantly being made against homosexuals. During my training a woman from HR came and spoke with us, stating that our location has had problems with that kind of thing before and it would not be tolerated. BB&T also claims to have whistleblower protection but that means nothing! I was treated very badly by management after reporting hugely offensive comments that were allowed to be made and joked about. This is a competitive, female-dominated workplace and its extremely hostile -- not worth the salary whatsoever! Collections is also based in Lumberton, NC so that has a lot to do with the environment. I had 3 bosses, each more pretentious & unprofessional than the last. I ended up quitting. The supervisors are callous, bloated and the entire workplace is a huge joke. My time is worth more.

There are newer employer reviews for BB&T