BB&T

www.bbt.com
  www.bbt.com
There are newer employer reviews for BB&T

Branch Banking and Trust

Current Employee - Support Specialist in Wilson, NC (US)
Current Employee - Support Specialist in Wilson, NC (US)

I have been working at BB&T full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Always looking for people to hire, both Financial and Technical

Cons

A lot of policing. Inside employees refer to BBT as Big Brother and Trust because they have people walk thru the offices and report to managment what thye see that they do not like or may not meet their standards like papers on the desk, chair not under desk after 5, not sitting correctlu in chair (feet to the side and not directlu in front) etc among other crazy communist things. The call centers seem to be the worst. After exceeding set high standards for numerous job requirements, get a 1% salary increase. Does not even pay for my gas and I have 2 degrees. . Stay away!!!

548 Other Employee Reviews for BB&T (View Most Recent)

I you are a robot and insensitive to bizzare behavior from supervisor and branch leader, then this job is for you.

Former Employee - Senior Teller in Orlando, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Teller in Orlando, FL (US)

I worked at BB&T full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The health benefits were a little above average, and the cost could be reduced by adopting a healthy lifestyle.

Cons

Banking by the book. Fee income was stressed. Not possible to give a little to a regular, long term customer in the way of waived fees. Immediate supervisor had a mental problem that management overlooked or was not aware of, making the job very stressful. Manager not a true Banker, a glorified sales person whose only job was to generate loans and new deposits. There was no consultative banking being practiced at this location.

Hire people that understand the banking industry and are not just salespeople.

A great learning-filled experience with the legal department.

Former Employee - Law Clerk in Raleigh, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Law Clerk in Raleigh, NC (US)

I worked at BB&T full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone at BB&T really seems to enjoy both their job and the fact that they work at BB&T. The bank pride is palpable and contagious. Everyone in the legal department had an open door policy and was welcoming and helpful throughout my time with them. They immerse you immediately in interesting work and have you engaged with clients immediately. I really enjoyed my experience at a very impressive bank.

Cons

I have no cons to report. The company is doing well and my experience was a great one. I highly recommend this company.

There are newer employer reviews for BB&T